Who else is happy to see the Heat lose?

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
Ungoy
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Who else is happy to see the Heat lose?

Post by Ungoy »

I for one am very happy that the LeBron and co weren't able to manufacture an NBA title from their off season stunts. I'm no fan of the Mavs, but I was happy to see that franchise take the NBA title over Miami.

vancouvercougar
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Who else is happy to see the Heat lose?

Post by vancouvercougar »

I'm no fan of the Mavs either, but I enjoyed Dallas beating the Heat. Older players beat the young super-stars.

mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by mizzoucoug »

Present!

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Funny how Dirk did what Lebron couldn't - win a title as the lone superstar.

I lost a lot of respect for Lebron and Wade for how they behaved and performed in this series.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

I was more happy to see Dirk and Kidd get a ring. Kidd got screwed out of POY when he was on the Nets, and Dirk is a good superstar who keeps his mouth shut and just plays the game.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

SpiffCoug wrote:Funny how Dirk did what Lebron couldn't - win a title as the lone superstar.

I lost a lot of respect for Lebron and Wade for how they behaved and performed in this series.
Oh yeah?

At the end of the day you have to wake up today and have the same life you had before. You have the same personal problems you had yesterday. LeBron's going to continue to live the way he wants to live and continue to do the things that he wants with him and his family and be happy with that.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

snoscythe wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:Funny how Dirk did what Lebron couldn't - win a title as the lone superstar.

Oh yeah?

At the end of the day you have to wake up today and have the same life you had before. You have the same personal problems you had yesterday. LeBron's going to continue to live the way he wants to live and continue to do the things that he wants with him and his family and be happy with that.
I can't believe LeBron was this brash. When I read it, I thought it was fairly benign; a "basketball is just a game thing," but if you find the sound bite and listen to it. It comes off totally different. He's pissed and it's a "I'm famous and rich and ya'll is just below-average," taunt. What a total prick. As if he isn't going to wake up today and tomorrow with the same personal problems he had yesterday (e.g. disappears in fourth quarters, looking for the easy way out, mocking the Finals MVP-to-be for clubbing you like a baby seal in the fourth quarter despite being sick, promising 8+ championships to a city then turtling like Chris Bosh when time comes to deliver, etc, etc).

I liked LeBron James when he was in Cleveland. I lost a lot of respect for him with how he treated Cleveland with "The Decision" and with him taking the path of least resistance to Championships early in his career. I have no problem with superstars in the twilight of their career taking less money to play for contenders to try and get their first championship before retirement a'la Gary Payton, Karl Malone to the Lakers. I thought it was cheap that three young guys in the prime of their career would try to pull what the Heatles tried to do. I guess it's not as easy as LeBron and Bosh had hoped.

Before, I had just lost respect for LeBron. After this series, I absolutely hate the guy. When he fails (repeatedly) to step up and deliver, to play the game the right way (e.g. go after rebounds in the fourth quarter instead of releasing to the other end immediately when the shot goes up), to give credit to his opponents, and then when he mocks the guy that just schooled him and then comes out with this namby-pamby "I'm LeBron James and you're average Joe" crap after he gets sent home. LeBron is my new Isiah Thomas--the guy I love to hate the most in the NBA. But at least I respected Thomas. LeBron doesn't deserve any of that.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I feel like Lebron has finally cemented his legacy that he started building during "the Decision" as an arrogant, lazy, whinny prick. He has shown that he'll never belong with Michael Jordan in a discussion of the best basketball players of all time. Jordan was beloved all across the country, regardless of what team you were a fan of, you loved Jordan's play and work ethic. James is almost universally hated across the nation, and it's just going to get worse as his lack of media savvy digs him deeper and deeper.

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

I liked a lot of your comments. I have drastically reduced my time watching the nba because of k briant and l james types. I am very happy the Mavs won and did it 4 to 2. I noticed the Mavs had a mixed team that meshed very well. I think I saw only one white guy play a little on the Heat in the second half. Who is the Mav's point mini? He was quick and hurt the heat.

Did I say I'm glad briant was home for this.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

JJ Barea is the Mavs backup PG (the coach started him along with Kidd after game 3), he is super quick, and he completely destroyed the Lakers (earning him a cheap shot from the thug Andrew Bynum).

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,