Beck the No. 1 Guy for Redskins

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Beck the No. 1 Guy for Redskins

Post by Schmoe »

“Let me say, when John Beck did come out [of college], I had him rated as the top quarterback coming out that year, and I didn’t even think it was close,” said Shanahan, who traded with Baltimore last August to get Beck. “I had a lot of confidence in John Beck when he came out in 2007. I evaluate the quarterbacks every year, and I do have confidence in John Beck. He was by far my No. 1 guy. I think the world of him.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... _blog.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty high praise for Beck from Shannahan throughout the article, great to see our guy getting some love.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
ThrowbackBlue
BLUEshirt

Re: Beck the No. 1 Guy for Redskins

Post by ThrowbackBlue »

Saw a lot of NFL analysts opine after the draft that Beck would be the Redskins day 1 starter since they didn't take or trade for any other QB's.

.....this assuming there is a day 1 in the NFL this year

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

BOID
Junior

Post by BOID »

How cool is that? He deserves it.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

That is cool but I doubt Beck ever keeps a starting spot. He doesn't have the mental capability to play in the NFL. He has the skills, arm.etc. but he is a mental case under pressure. if somehow a coach were able to stick with him until he got comfortable, he might be okay, but nowadays that doesn't happen.

i am a beck fan but i just don't see him making it in the nfl in any role other than a back up. i hope he proves me wrong.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

He seemed pretty mentally tough and good under pressure (see-final play vs SNOT) when he led us to that stellar season his senior year. He got thrown to the wolves in Miami and has worked hard and has been getting nothing but praise from coaches and teammates ever since.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

Schmoe wrote:He seemed pretty mentally tough and good under pressure (see-final play vs SNOT) when he led us to that stellar season his senior year. He got thrown to the wolves in Miami and has worked hard and has been getting nothing but praise from coaches and teammates ever since.
i could definitely be wrong. he definitely got comfortable at byu his senior year. Here is to hoping he gets the nod and does something with it.

mjk5
Recruit

Post by mjk5 »

jonnylingo wrote:
Schmoe wrote:He seemed pretty mentally tough and good under pressure (see-final play vs SNOT) when he led us to that stellar season his senior year. He got thrown to the wolves in Miami and has worked hard and has been getting nothing but praise from coaches and teammates ever since.
i could definitely be wrong. he definitely got comfortable at byu his senior year. Here is to hoping he gets the nod and does something with it.
I do see what you're saying though. I remember fans calling for change even up until 3 games into his senior campaign when we lost to Boston College. After that game, Beck finally took complete control of the offense and turned out a pretty good year. So it could be that now Beck has had a few years to learn the NFL system and gain confidence that he's ready to take control. If so, there will be a lot of new Mormon Redskins fans