NFL Playoff Weekend

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: NFL Playoff Weekend

Post by BroncoBot »

kitic77 wrote:2 1/2 games so far, 1 1/2 blowouts. Wouldn't surprise me to see three blowouts.
And this is why playoffs aren't all their cracked up to be.

TIC ;) TIC

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I'm actually not a huge fan of playoffs. I think they diminish the regular season. Football is a bit different since you don't play every team. But in baseball, hockey and basketball, they make the regular season relatively meaningless.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

4th Qtr - Bears 28, Seahawks 3
The party is over (almost)???
Bring on the Patriots vs. Jets!!!

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

4 min. to go. Bears 35, Seahawks 10.
Turn the light down - the fat lady is starting to sing.
Patriots & Jets are warming up!!!

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Final!!! Bears 35, Seahawks 24

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

kitic77 wrote:I'm actually not a huge fan of playoffs. I think they diminish the regular season. Football is a bit different since you don't play every team. But in baseball, hockey and basketball, they make the regular season relatively meaningless.
the statistician of the group would say something like this.

Next you'll be arguing that instead of playing the college football games, just give the team with the higher PER the win. That way it doesn't make the previous performances meaningless.

:lol:

Playoffs rule. If a team dominates during the season, why should they fall apart in the postseason. Especially if it involves a 7-freaking-game-series and that team that performed well gets the huge benefit of playing the team that struggled the most, first.

Prove it.
Last edited by BroncoBot on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Huge upset!!! Final - Jets 28, Patriots 21
Remember - Pete Carrol told the world @ a Press Conference @ USC - Mark Sanchez is NOT ready for the NFL!!!!

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!! What a stunner.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

declocoug wrote:
kitic77 wrote:I'm actually not a huge fan of playoffs. I think they diminish the regular season. Football is a bit different since you don't play every team. But in baseball, hockey and basketball, they make the regular season relatively meaningless.

Next you'll be arguing that instead of playing the college football games, just give the team with the higher PER the win. That way it doesn't make the previous performances meaningless.

Playoffs rule. If a team dominates during the season, why should they fall apart in the postseason. Especially if it involves a 7-freaking-game-series and that team that performed well gets the huge benefit of playing the team that struggled the most, first.

Prove it.
The only way to get a higher PER is to play the game.

Why should a team that dominated the regular season have to prove again what they just did? Why should a team that struggled in the regular season be given a second chance?

I get the "need" for playoffs. And yes, a team that dominates the regular season shouldn't fall apart in the post season. But sometimes they do and it's a shame that at times, their spectacular regular season is all but forgotten (see the Seattle Mariners in 2004).

Full disclosure: I'm an RSL fan and loved that RSL snuck into the playoffs last year and then went on to win the Cup.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

kitic77 wrote:
declocoug wrote:

Prove it.
The only way to get a higher PER is to play the game.

Why should a team that dominated the regular season have to prove again what they just did? Why should a team that struggled in the regular season be given a second chance?

I get the "need" for playoffs. And yes, a team that dominates the regular season shouldn't fall apart in the post season. But sometimes they do and it's a shame that at times, their spectacular regular season is all but forgotten (see the Seattle Mariners in 2004).

Full disclosure: I'm an RSL fan and loved that RSL snuck into the playoffs last year and then went on to win the Cup.
And the only way to win a championship should be to finish the job in the playoffs. If you can't finish off RSL, did you really deserve to win the championship?
I see where you're coming from, but I love playoffs. Especially since we get to deal with the atrocious BCS every stinkin year.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Wahoo! Sent that Ugg-wearing long-haired-hippie Mr. Gizelle packing!

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,