Pitta and Collie out with serious concussions

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
CougarClaw
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Pitta and Collie out with serious concussions

Post by CougarClaw »

doh.

So much for our golden childs.

yes I just said childes.
Collie is out with his third (done for the season, maybe time to retire?) and Pitta got his on a kickoff return this last Sunday.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Pitta and Collie out with serious concussions

Post by hawkwing »

man, rough year for Pro Cougars.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Maybe they need to start making the helmets softer instead of harder. What if they were rubberized on the outside?

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
CannonCougar85
All-American

Post by CannonCougar85 »

For the record Collie has only received 2 concussions this season. He took himself out of a 3rd game because he didn't feel right.

"We have a tradition unlike any other. Those that have gone before us are the giants upon whose shoulders we now stand."
-Bronco Mendenhall
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

kitic77 wrote:Maybe they need to start making the helmets softer instead of harder. What if they were rubberized on the outside?
Would that cause too much of an elastic collision? I'm imagining two of those elastic bouncy balls bouncing off each other and I wouldn't want my brain in either of them.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

declocoug wrote:
kitic77 wrote:Maybe they need to start making the helmets softer instead of harder. What if they were rubberized on the outside?
Would that cause too much of an elastic collision? I'm imagining two of those elastic bouncy balls bouncing off each other and I wouldn't want my brain in either of them.
yeah, but i think they need to do something, in addition to getting defenders from leading with their heads, launching off the ground and using their heads as a means to tackle.

Could they make "disposable" helmets? Something that would crumple like a crash zone and then would be replaceable? Could they make it cost effective enough?

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

kitic77 wrote:
declocoug wrote:
yeah, but i think they need to do something, in addition to getting defenders from leading with their heads, launching off the ground and using their heads as a means to tackle.

Could they make "disposable" helmets? Something that would crumple like a crash zone and then would be replaceable? Could they make it cost effective enough?
or small enough? crumpling would need space to operate before coming in contact with skin/bone. And these guys don't need bigger heads, they're already full of themselves. ;)

urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

declocoug wrote:
kitic77 wrote:And these guys don't need bigger heads, they're already full of themselves. ;)
Talk about being full of oneself, have you seen schmoe lately? :whistle:
Last edited by urroner on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

I have loved watching Austin Collie play for the Colts. Today's game - Colts vs. Jets @ 8 PM ET is HUGE!! I wish Austin was playing. The game won't be the same for mer w/ out Collie. I think the Jets have a solid chance to win this one.

As for me - I will be pulling for the Colts - even without Collie. Let's go Colts!!!! (They wear blue ya know!! LOL!!)
8)

Ungoy
All-American

Post by Ungoy »

Ddawg wrote:I have loved watching Austin Collie play for the Colts. Today's game - Colts vs. Jets @ 8 PM ET is HUGE!! I wish Austin was playing. The game won't be the same for mer w/ out Collie. I think the Jets have a solid chance to win this one.

As for me - I will be pulling for the Colts - even without Collie. Let's go Colts!!!! (They wear blue ya know!! LOL!!)
8)
That there was a prophecy come true. Jets edge out Colts. I think the result would've been different with a healthy Austin Collie to throw to. The Colts have been a different team when he's been out.