Blake Griffin

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Blake Griffin

Post by Schmoe »

declocoug wrote:
Schmoe wrote:Al Jefferson filled a hole left by a 20 and 10 Carlos Boozer and has filled in those numbers. That example doesn't really work.
well, you've obviously got your opinion about Griffin.
Yep, I think he's great for a rookie, great for a team like the Clippers, and would be a good role player on any team in the league. I think he has the potential to be very good and will get there with time, but he will find that athleticism isn't everything in the NBA and his game will improve and become multi-dimensional.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Blake scores 31 and gets 13 boards. Clips beat spurs. 6 straight games with 20 points and 13 boards.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/clippers ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=301201012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by BroncoBot on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/12/0 ... ef:nbahpt1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Schmoe wrote:
declocoug wrote:
Schmoe wrote:Al Jefferson filled a hole left by a 20 and 10 Carlos Boozer and has filled in those numbers. That example doesn't really work.
well, you've obviously got your opinion about Griffin.
Yep, I think he's great for a rookie, great for a team like the Clippers, and would be a good role player on any team in the league. I think he has the potential to be very good and will get there with time, but he will find that athleticism isn't everything in the NBA and his game will improve and become multi-dimensional.
Totally agree, about him getting better. Here's what I like so much about him, his motor is 10X the size of most NBA players. Like I said earlier, I've never seen anyone hustle game to game more than this kid. Sure, he's got athleticism written all over him, but I love the way he scraps and hustles like it's the last 5 minutes of the NBA finals every stinking night.

You know you're ahead of schedule when someone like Al Jefferson says this about you.

"Man I was so happy when he fouled out. I've never been so excited about anything in my entire life".

And I think the jazz lose that game at the ESA if Blake doesn't foul before 2 OTs. The Jazz bigs couldn't keep up him.

Anyway, I like what you said Schmoe, he's only going to get better.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Griffin scores 47

Clippers have beat the lakers and the heat in the last week and have won 5 in a row at home!

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

declocoug wrote: Griffin scores 47

Clippers have beat the lakers and the heat in the last week and have won 5 in a row at home!
Yep. Bam!!! 2 of my buddies were @ the Clipper vs. Laker game last night - very close seats to the floor (very good seats - they got hooked up thru the L.A. Times w/ a buddy) They said "you have got to see Griffin up close & live! He is simply an amazing & dominating player!"

Now - this is from 2 die-hard Laker fans. They came away from the game true believers in Griffin. A power to be reckoned with. Hope he stays injury free.