Blake Griffin

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Blake Griffin

Post by Schmoe »

Mars wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
kitic77 wrote: I'll take an incomplete player who goes for 18.5 and 10.9 each night.
And your team will be 1-13.
The Jazz with Blake Griffin would be 1-13?

Damn the Jazz must suck!
They would have to suck to get him, that's the problem.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

:bug:
Anyone see this guys numbers against the Jazz.

Wow.
35pts
14boards
7assists

But the Jazz aren't much of a team this year. ;)

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

I saw that his team lost when they played the Jazz. If you're the best player on the Detroit Lions, that's not saying much. Same thing applies here.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Schmoe wrote:I saw that his team lost when they played the Jazz. If you're the best player on the Detroit Lions, that's not saying much. Same thing applies here.
No, all it says is that you're on a bad team. Was Barry Sanders any less of a player because he played on the Lions. All the best players are not on the best teams.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

kitic77 wrote:
Schmoe wrote:I saw that his team lost when they played the Jazz. If you're the best player on the Detroit Lions, that's not saying much. Same thing applies here.
No, all it says is that you're on a bad team. Was Barry Sanders any less of a player because he played on the Lions. All the best players are not on the best teams.
See Miami Heath thread.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

I guess following this logic, BYU football players just suck and will continue to do so because they lost to the likes of USU, AF, and aren't playing for TCU this year. :skeptic:

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

declocoug wrote:
I guess following this logic, BYU football players just suck and will continue to do so because they lost to the likes of USU, AF, and aren't playing for TCU this year. :skeptic:
Maybe you don't follow the NBA, but the Clippers have been bad forever, I'm not basing this on one season. And, especially on a basketball team, someone is going to get the stats. So it makes sense that the one decent player on the Clippers with freakish athletic ability is going to be their go-to guy, which will inflate his stats because they have no one else who can score. I never said anything about individual losses, but mentioned historically bad teams, maybe that will help you understand my "logic" that you so woefully misapplied. You think that he'd have anywhere near the same stats if he played for the Heat, Lakers, Jazz, etc.? Same thing goes for Kevin Love.
Last edited by Schmoe on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Schmoe wrote:
declocoug wrote:
Maybe you don't follow the NBA, but the Clippers have been bad forever, I'm not basing this on one season. And, especially on a basketball team, someone is going to get the stats. So it makes sense that the one decent player on the Clippers with freakish athletic ability is going to be their go-to guy, which will inflate his stats because they have no one else who can score. I never said anything about individual losses, but mentioned historically bad teams, maybe that will help you understand my "logic" that you so woefully misapplied. You think that he'd have anywhere near the same stats if he played for the Heat, Lakers, Jazz, etc.? Same thing goes for Kevin Love.
I agree that his stats might be inflated because he pulls a lot of the load for his team, but he'd be starting on any team in the NBA right now. And yes, I do think that his stats would be similar to what he's putting up right now on any other team.

Here's a convenient example. Al Jefferson. Came from an equally bad timberwolves team. Once again your logic says his stats should plummet when he gets to utah, compared to last years terrible twolves team, his ppg is down .3 a game and his rebounding is down .6. And don't even put Griffin on the same level as k. love. Love plays with a ton of heart, but his potential is nothing compared to Griffin.

And yes, you did say something about individual losses. My comments about "your logic" came after your comment about how the Jazz beat Griffin. That was an individual loss. I understand everything your saying, I don't buy it all, but I know what your driving at. All I'm saying is that from the small sample (1/4 season) we have to analyze, the sky is the limit for Blake G. He's no Greg Oden.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Al Jefferson filled a hole left by a 20 and 10 Carlos Boozer and has filled in those numbers. That example doesn't really work.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Schmoe wrote:Al Jefferson filled a hole left by a 20 and 10 Carlos Boozer and has filled in those numbers. That example doesn't really work.
well, you've obviously got your opinion about Griffin.
Last edited by BroncoBot on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.