USA ONE - england one.

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
CougarClaw
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

USA ONE - england one.

Post by CougarClaw »

The first thought that came to mind after Green let that easy shot practically roll in, is that is like something I would have done and then I thought of Andres Escobar. The infamous defender for Colombia who was shot and killed after causing a 'same goal' in the 94 world cup.

I hope England's goalie can recover from this and come back and play.

One interesting thing I read is that England's players are superior to the US in every position but goal keeper. And that's the position that mattered today.

A 1-1 tie against a legitmatie contender to win the entire cup is a great victory. Both sides had a few other decent chances and hopefully we can both make it out of the group. I think I would have preferred a more convincing win, but this one will do. =)

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Re: USA ONE - england one.

Post by SpiffCoug »

Probably a fair result. We had one goal that probably shouldn't have, and didn't have a goal that probably should have (Jozy's shot bounced off the post - could have easily gone in). I"ll take the tie. The good thing is we didn't lose. So now, we just need to go out and take care of business. We don't need any help. Two more games. If we get two wins we're through.

I thought we played pretty well. Although we did look nervous to start the game.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Schmoe
Retired

Re: USA ONE - england one.

Post by Schmoe »

If anyone feels worse than England's keeper right now, it's the Serbian who knocked that completely unnecessary hand ball, ouch!

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,