What's up with Andy Reid?

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
BigCougsFan
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

What's up with Andy Reid?

Post by BigCougsFan »

Donovan McNabb who is only 33 has led the Eagles to five NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl. He's just coming off his sixth Pro Bowl.

Why is Andy Reid testing the market for him??? He's a solid guy who has always kept his mouth shut, when the worst fans in the world... Philly, trash him at all times.

When the Eagles win, Andy Reid is a genius. When they lose, McNabb gets crucified. It's not his fault they got knocked out of the playoffs last season.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/krie ... abb-032910

What's Andy's deal??? Why would they want to trade him??? I'm so clueless why a team like the Eagles want to trade McNabb BUT the Niners want to keep their one hit wonder Alex Smith...

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Re: What's up with Andy Reid?

Post by SpiffCoug »

The Eagles understand that it's a young man's game. They don't resign RBs once they hit 30. And apparently they don't resign QBs who will be 35. Reid is trying to get value for McNabb while he still can and before he can walk as a free agent.

And you give far too much credit to Alex Smith by calling him a one-hit wonder. He's a poor QB that caused the Niners to waste several years in rebuilding. The only worse QB selection was Jamarcus Russell who might be the worst #1 pick of all time.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

kitic77 wrote: The only worse QB selection was Jamarcus Russell who might be the worst #1 pick of all time.
I dunno. Baltimore taking Elway was pretty stupid. The kid had a baseball contract, so the money wasn't a big lure, he tells you "I'm never going to play in Baltimore," so Baltimore drafts him anyway. He goes and plays baseball until Baltimore realizes he's not going to play in Baltimore, and they trade him to Denver for Mark Herrmann. So yeah, they basically drafted Mark Herrmann with their #1 pick.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

snoscythe wrote:
kitic77 wrote: The only worse QB selection was Jamarcus Russell who might be the worst #1 pick of all time.
I dunno. Baltimore taking Elway was pretty stupid. The kid had a baseball contract, so the money wasn't a big lure, he tells you "I'm never going to play in Baltimore," so Baltimore drafts him anyway. He goes and plays baseball until Baltimore realizes he's not going to play in Baltimore, and they trade him to Denver for Mark Herrmann. So yeah, they basically drafted Mark Herrmann with their #1 pick.
For that reason I never liked Elway, even at the end when Elway was the national "feel good" player, I still hated him for considering himself better than a team in the NFL.