NFL CBA and Cap

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
NFLJPD
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

NFL CBA and Cap

Post by NFLJPD »

Face it, if the NFL and PA don't get it done..., what makes the NFL the best run league in America, will all be gone and walk-outs, strikes, or stoppages can all be part of our grid iron Future.

My best case scenarios:

#1 Extend the '93 agreement yet again.... The Cap will probably have to be up there close to $130 Million per team "but it ain't broke." Owners say things are getting too expensive, and want two more games. Players want more pay for more games.... They are adamant they can't agree to what used to work....

Players want more $$$$ and guarantees. Fans want their players paid and happy, Owners say 1st round rookies are too expensive. Owners and fans want all the players playing hard and "earning" their millions even in non contract years

-Rookie Cap at about $5 million/ yr for first three years (similar to NBA)
-Raise the minimum Sallary to $1 million / yr.
- Lower the Team salary Cap to about $100 Million /Team (was about $123 million this year), (then...).
- League paid Bonuses. $1 million for each starter (qualify by starting at least 5 games)
- League paid Bonuses. $1 million for each Pro Bowl Player (qualify by playing in the pro bowl)
- League paid Bonuses. $200k / player for probowl winners
- League paid Bonuses. $100k/ player for each team in playoffs.
- League paid Bonuses. $100k/ player for each playoff win.
- League paid Bonuses. $1Millon / player for each team in the Superbowl
- League paid Bonuses. $1Million/ player for the Superbowl winner.

They already earn some money this way (i.e. pro bowl, superbowl, etc) but this will reward results. The blood suckers (agents) would hate this because they would be squeezed. The 1st round Rookies would hate it because they would be brought back down to earth. But the large majority of players would gain tremendously.

Sample A: '09 minimum starting lineman pro bowl winner superbowl winner$540k
Sample A: '10 minimum starting lineman, pro bowl winner superbowl winner $5.6 Million

Sample B: '09 starting QB signs with team for $6 Million a year pro bowl loser super bowl loser : $6.040million
Ssample B: starting QB signs with team for $6 Million a year pro bowl loser super bowl loser : $9.4 million

Teams have a lower cap, the league pays the players that deserve it....
Last edited by NFLJPD on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: NFL CBA and Cap

Post by SpiffCoug »

I would love to see a combination of the NFL and NBA deals. I like the rookie and veteran pay scales in the NBA. Rookies shouldn't be some of the highest paid players on teams and in the league. Nor should they be able to command top dollar. A rookie pay scale also means few holdouts and guys get in camps sooner and start helping their teams.

I also like the NFL's non-gaurantee contracts. Signing bonuses are locked in, but if you aren't cutting it two, three years down the road, then you're cut and you find a new team.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!