Ben Anderson article on Taysom Hill

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Ben Anderson article on Taysom Hill

Post by BroncoBot »

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45772228&nid=294

Good synopsis of what many fans, went through during the Taysom Hill years. I was a huge doubter of Taysom when he was started playing in Nelsons place. I felt he was just another Riley Nelson type player. But I was wrong as well.

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Ben Anderson article on Taysom Hill

Post by nuk13 »

Thanks for posting this BB. I believe if the Pocatello Kid could have gone injury free BYU could have had a three year stretch of near perfect seasons including beating the Utes. It wouldn't have been just his athletic abilities, although they would have been better than any other QB in the nation, it would have been his leadership. He would have inspired the team to a higher effort. Look what they did to Texas.

Speaking of Hill's athletic abilities, another article on him showed that his measurables in the NFL combine exceeded McCaffrey's, the RB from Stanford: 40: 4.44 to 4.48, broad jump: 10'2" to 10"1', vertical" 38.5 to 37.5. I'm not going to look it up but I wonder how many running backs, if any, had better stats.