Jimmer to Spurs?

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Jimmer to Spurs?

Post by Ddawg »

May sign with the Spurs today. In San Antonio today. Greg Popovich has had his eye on Jimmer.

"Report: Former BYU basketball superstar Jimmer Fredette might be joining the Spurs"

"NBAWire.com has learned Jimmer is in San Antonio today, flew in last night and all indications are the 2011 National Player of the Year, former #BYU star could sign a contract with the #Spurs as early as today," Kirkland wrote in the article.

http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/baske ... e3b79.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ddawg
All Star

Re: Jimmer to Spurs?

Post by Ddawg »

Today Jimmer Fredette signed with the San Antonio Spurs.

The Spurs announced Wednesday they have signed the guard, who spent last season with the New Orleans Pelicans.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13302 ... onio-spurs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

Great news! I've said from day one that if Jimmer could get on a team that plays team ball, especially with a smart coach like Pop, he'd shine. I think Jimmer's going to find a role on this team.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Schmoe wrote:Great news! I've said from day one that if Jimmer could get on a team that plays team ball, especially with a smart coach like Pop, he'd shine. I think Jimmer's going to find a role on this team.
Agree 100%. It'a been a long and frustrating road for Jimmer. Hoping for Jimmer this is the light at the end of a difficult tunnel. I want to see Jimmer get hot and make a solid contribution on a Playoff team.

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

I love the Jimmer...never missed watching a game his senior year; however, unless he completely changes his game, it doesn't matter which team he's on. At BYU, he was never a catch and shoot player, and really hasn't shown he can be in the NBA. That's the only way he makes it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs ... fb-premium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A little update on Jimmer. Still fighting (with odds stacked against him) for that last roster spot. LET'S GO JIMMER!!!!