Tiger Woods---battered spouse

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Tiger Woods---battered spouse

Post by snoscythe »

I hate to say it, but given all of the reports coming out of Florida, the story making the most sense comes from *gulp* TMZ.com:

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woo ... cerations/

The accident happened almost directly across the street from his house, he was driving away from his house, his wife broke the back window out, she claims she did it to get him out of the wrecked car, but the airbags didn't deploy, the doors opened, and the car was drivable.

I think what makes more sense is husband fleeing wife's cut-wedge in a panic, and gets distracted when she busts the back window and nails the tree, which is what TMZ's "source" relayed from Tiger.

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Tiger Woods---battered spouse

Post by urroner »

A marriage is just like a diet, they can both be destroyed by having a little dish off to the side.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
GolfDiveNCougs
Sophomore

Post by GolfDiveNCougs »

urroner wrote:A marriage is just like a diet, they can both be destroyed by having a little dish off to the side.
...so what does it do to a diet when one has a side SMORGASBORD???

:lol: :bug: :skeptic:

urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

GolfDiveNCougs wrote:
urroner wrote:A marriage is just like a diet, they can both be destroyed by having a little dish off to the side.
...so what does it do to a diet when one has a side SMORGASBORD???

:lol: :bug: :skeptic:
This is what happens:

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

I seriously thought this was going to be a post about how different this story would have been had the roles been reversed.

Imagine if Elin had been discovered lying practically unconscious in the same circumstances, with facial cuts from a 'car accident' and broken car windows, nearby golf clubs etc.. Tiger would have been accused of full-out abuse. Instead, vindictive, club-wielding wife gets a pass when Tiger says "I deserved it" and "I feel down the basement stairs"..

Not to say that he DIDN"T deserve it, but abuse goes both ways especially when clubs are involved.

urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

CougarClaw wrote:I seriously thought this was going to be a post about how different this story would have been had the roles been reversed.

Imagine if Elin had been discovered lying practically unconscious in the same circumstances, with facial cuts from a 'car accident' and broken car windows, nearby golf clubs etc.. Tiger would have been accused of full-out abuse. Instead, vindictive, club-wielding wife gets a pass when Tiger says "I deserved it" and "I feel down the basement stairs"..

Not to say that he DIDN"T deserve it, but abuse goes both ways especially when clubs are involved.
Maybe I missed something somewhere, but has there been any valid accusations that the Tiger's wife beat him before the accident?