Jimmer - Trade Bait?

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Jimmer - Trade Bait?

Post by Ddawg »

ESPN is reporting the Kings want to acquire a 1st round draft pick (Thurs, June 27) - and are using Jimmer Fredette as trade bait. Teams that might end up with Jimmer: Pacers or Jazz. Personally, I would love to see Jimmer escape the Sacramento Kings. Either team would be an improvement.

http://nba.si.com/2013/06/25/nba-draft- ... de-rumors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Ddawg on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Jimmer - Trade Bait?

Post by hawkwing »

I really hope the Jimmer never ends up on the Jazz. There are too many douche bag Jazz fans out there (Ute fans).

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

The nice thing is that Jimmer hasn't impressed enough to warrant a lottery pick in a trade (other than the Jazz pick as he has added value to the Jazz in ticket sales and local viewership), so if the Kings are set on a 1st round pick, Jimmer will likely go to a contending team or the Jazz....unless someone else is holding a contender's pick, that is.

Stirfry
All-American

Post by Stirfry »

hawkwing wrote:I really hope the Jimmer never ends up on the Jazz. There are too many douche bag Jazz fans out there (Ute fans).
I'd have to second this. I'm hoping he ends up somewhere where he can just play and not have circus around him. If he comes here it will be like a mini Tebow circus and the :utard: won't embrace him.

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Please let him land with the Pacers. A team that plays like a team is where he would fit in great.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

The Pacers had a nice run this year. I didn't know how good they were till they were battling the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals. The Pacers definitely have serious upside for Jimmer. Expectations for him would be relatively low. He'd have to fit into the rotation and hit clutch 3's like Ray Allen. No big deal. ;)

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Latest is that the Kings haven't talked to anyone about trading Jimmer as of yet, indicating talks with Pacers and Jazz never happened?

http://aroyalpain.com/2013/06/26/report ... -fredette/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Later story clarifies that they have taken calls, but not made calls. Any first round pick will net you Jimmer:

http://fansided.com/2013/06/26/report-j ... raft-pick/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My best guess is that Jimmer gets the same treatment he got when he was drafted--the deal will be contingent on the other team using their pick for a specific player at the direction of the Kings, and immediately after the pick they trade the drafted player's rights for Jimmer. So don't expect any news until late in the first round tomorrow night.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

So, with the Kings not moving Jimmer before or at the draft, but with the Kings adding two guards with their picks, does Jimmer move from trade bait to someone on whom they will cut bait?

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

If they do they would have to eat the last year of his contract. That would be good for Jimmer.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Anything that gets him out. There are a handful of teams that wouldn't be any better given coaches and personnel, but I think Jimmer would find a great home on 2/3 of the teams in the league.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,