Jimmer - Trade Bait?

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jimmer - Trade Bait?

Post by Ddawg »

snoscythe wrote:So, with the Kings not moving Jimmer before or at the draft, but with the Kings adding two guards with their picks, does Jimmer move from trade bait to someone on whom they will cut bait?
It looks that way. From the reports, I'm sure the Kings tried to trade Jimmer before and during the draft - with no takers. I suspect they will look to unload Jimmer - the question is how soon? During the off-season? Wait to see how the new draftees are measuring up in the regular season?

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

Latest rumors have Jimmer back on the trading block--he'll be making $2.4 million next season in the last year of his contract, which is a bit steep for what he's shown, but can be attractive for teams looking to do something next offseason in free agency. Only teams rumored to be interested at this point are Milwaukee and Cleveland. Not sure either of those are upgrades given the new ownership and coaching staff in Sacto other than escaping a logjam in the Sacto backcourt.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

As of Pioneer Day, the Denver Nuggets are in soft negotiations for a trade that would include Jimmer and his expiring contract.

Cavs are still nosing about, as is Milwaukee. OKC is a new name cropping up now that they missed on Mike Miller. By that logic, Houston might be in the market for a Jimmer-range shooter as well.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

I would love to see Jimmer go to the Thunder. What a great situation to be a 6th man, on a great team.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Latest rumor I've seen is Jimmer and a couple of other guards (Vasquez, Salmons) and a 1st round pick in 2014 to Boston for Rajon Rondo.

I don't know how I feel about that--Boston is a big-name destination, but they just demolished their roster and who knows how things will look going forward.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

"Jimmer Fredette started for the Kings made five 3-pointers, scoring 21 of his 23 points in the second half."

Played the most minutes on the team. Also had 4 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400491560" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

"We've seen him in action before and I know that he is a fan favorite. What was more exciting for me to be honest, was not the fan reaction, but I think it's a great sign when a guy is getting off in a game and his teammates on the bench are up supporting him. And everyone was up when Jimmer was making those plays and I think that's a great sign for our team. No one cares who gets the credit. We support each other. We believe in each other. We push each other in the right way and when we do that, good things are going to happen. So, I love how our team is coming together - on the court, off the court, we're creating that chemistry, that bond we need." -Coach Malone on Jimmer

IowaCougar
Junior

Post by IowaCougar »

I notice that ESPN is reporting Jimmer as trade bait again. Would they be starting him just to try to trade him, or do you think the coaching change is just what he needed?

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

IowaCougar wrote:I notice that ESPN is reporting Jimmer as trade bait again. Would they be starting him just to try to trade him, or do you think the coaching change is just what he needed?
Either way it's just what Jimmer needs.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

ChiTownCOUG
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ChiTownCOUG »

I hope the Bulls trade for him seeing the kings r done with him...My Bulls could sure use a 3 point touch...Kings never really gave Jimmer a chance..