NBA Finals

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

NBA Finals

Post by mizzoucoug »

A few thoughts.

I personally strongly dislike Lebron James and root against him every chance I get. I've also learned to despise Mike Miller and Shane Battier. I also have zero respect for Ray Allen for selling out and joining this team. He got his ring in Boston so he didn't need to move to Miami to finally get one so this is a BS move.

The Spurs are very fun to watch. Whoever calls them boring clearly does not know basketball.

Lebron can be shut down because he doesn't have a legit jumper. No superstar passes up every single 5 foot cushion given to him. Hopefully if the Heat lose the MJ comparisons will finally end.

Lebron = a small forward version of Shaq. Lebron's new tactic the last 2 seasons has been to go hard to the lane, knock his man backwards, and get easy layups. Sorry, but there is nothing pretty or impressive about his game. I can do the same things he can do but when he shoots those shots down low he doesn't get swatted because he's bigger than the centers in the league. I am not. That's the difference.

If he ever develops a fadeaway and jumper then he could be the greatest ever but man he's been in the league for a while already.

Fin.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: NBA Finals

Post by SpiffCoug »

Except he's shown he can shoot the ball well. Didn't have a streak of like 5 or 6 six games of shooting 60+%?

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamihe ... ing-streak" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

His jumper has definitely improved this year, but you can tell he's not confident in it right now and that's why he's deferring to his teammates. I'd give James room all day to shoot until he proves something...especially on the road.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Overall shooting percentage doesn't indicate that his jumper is necessarily good, many of the shots could have been dunks, layups, etc. Right?

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I remember reading an article that his shooting from the outside during that streak was also well above 50%.

But like mizzou said, he's not confident right now.

Whatever hot streak he was on, he's not there anymore. I'd dare him to shoot as well.

If I were a Heat coach, I'd look at breaking up the Big 3 and seeing what I could get for Bosh & Wade. First first as he's one of the biggest problems with the Heat right now. He's just not contributing.

(8.4x
..................ATT
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

I can't help it - I just have a strong reaction against LeBron James. I recognize and respect his tremendous athletic skill. But, I hope the Heat do not win the NBA Championship. If I had to put my finger on it, I would say it comes down to his arrogance and a feeling of entitlement. It just rubs me the wrong way. Just my .02 worth.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I actually find Lebron one of the more enjoyable of the Heat. I don't like Wade; I think he's dirty, flops, dives, and a thug. Bosh is soft. The others are forgettable. Lebron seems like the most likable of them too.

(8.4x
..................ATT
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

SpiffCoug wrote:I actually find Lebron one of the more enjoyable of the Heat. I don't like Wade; I think he's dirty, flops, dives, and a thug. Bosh is soft. The others are forgettable. Lebron seems like the most likable of them too.
That's not necessarily saying a lot...

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Tonight in NBA Finals game 5 the Spurs rocked! I am smiling ear to ear. Ahhh, what a game. I enjoyed it immensely. :D :D :D

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

SpiffCoug wrote:I actually find Lebron one of the more enjoyable of the Heat. I don't like Wade; I think he's dirty, flops, dives, and a thug. Bosh is soft. The others are forgettable. Lebron seems like the most likable of them too.
You can't defend Lebron by saying that other players flop, he's King [of flopping] James. Never in my life had I seen a 270 pound man go flying when the breeze hits him before James came into the league (okay, there is one exception to that: Vlade Divac).

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,