Ty Corbin

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Ty Corbin

Post by stuckinbig10country »

is a terrible, no good, awful coach. He was bad last year, and while I've thought J-Slo stayed about 3 years too long, it was obvious that there was no one in the wings to take over.

Last year the best player on the Jazz at the end of the season was Hayward. He didn't even start the game last night. Corbin should be fired simply for starting Bell and Okur, even in a preseason game.

Schmoe
Retired

Re: Ty Corbin

Post by Schmoe »

Like I said before, Larry H. Miller's son has ruined this franchise in a little over a single season. You won't find me rooting for the Jazz anymore. Go Kings!

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

I agree with everything stated above.

And I have nothing much to add to a "who should the Jazz hire?" discussion. I can't really think of anyone good. Reggie Theus? Yeah, that's all I got.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

Schmoe wrote:Like I said before, Larry H. Miller's son has ruined this franchise in a little over a single season. You won't find me rooting for the Jazz anymore. Go Kings!
I just checked the stats for the Kings vs. Grizzlies game last night. Yes the Kings lost, and yes Jimmer came off the bench. But - Jimmer was the Kings leading scorer! Pretty impressive. It looks like Jimmer is finding himself in the NBA.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Schmoe wrote:Like I said before, Larry H. Miller's son has ruined this franchise in a little over a single season. You won't find me rooting for the Jazz anymore. Go Kings!
It's pretty obvious that Miller Jr. is positioning the Jazz for a sale and subsequent relocation. Stock the roster and front office with average-at-best talent, load up with expiring contracts and dump expensive long-term commitments in exchange for draft picks, and then market the team as a "Choose Your Adventure" opportunity to build a competitive team quickly through what will be oodles of cap-room, tradeable pieces on the roster, inexpensive buyouts in the front-office and coaching positions, and draft picks.

I've yet to see the post-LHM Jazz make a move that says "we're committed to winning" or "we're committed to Utah." To the contrary, every move (or non-move) they have made has been to cut weight that might make a prospective buyer hesitate.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

I actually had hope at the beginning of last season when they signed Al Jefferson, but it's been all down hill from there.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,