Daily Universe lashes out at BYU Athletics

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Daily Universe lashes out at BYU Athletics

Post by Lawboy »

I think someone needs to point out to this kid that the people and teams he is covering are amateur athletics teams being operated by a private university. They can limit his access all they want, and he can suck it.

Obviously, BYU has been more open with the media and press in the past, but things have changed. We live in the web board era, where every quote and comment get dissected. I do not blame coaches for attempting to control content and access to their players one bit. I love more info, but I get it.

The Daily Universe needs to get it too.

bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

Mars wrote:
One of the quotes following the article was very succinct in pointing out how Graham Watson from ESPN twisted freshman O'Neil Chambers quotes to make it sound like he was insulting his fellow wide receivers. Some policies may seem stupider than others to outsiders, but all have been put in place by BYU and its coaches for a reason.

It's like the caution label on a ladder warning you not to secure it in manure. That sure seems stupid, but it wouldn't be there if that one dumb farmer hadn't broken his leg out in a cow pasture...
This is totally off the suject, but there is a chainsaw manufacturer that has a warning not to try to stop the chain with your genitals. :bug: :bug: :roll: :roll:

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

bigbluepuma wrote: there is a chainsaw manufacturer that has a warning not to try to stop the chain with your genitals. :bug: :bug: :roll: :roll:
Yeah, I got a great settlement out of that one!

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

Mars wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote: there is a chainsaw manufacturer that has a warning not to try to stop the chain with your genitals. :bug: :bug: :roll: :roll:
Yeah, I got a great settlement out of that one!
If it would have been me, the chainsaw would have stopped immediately and the chain might have broken. :angry:

Mongo like candy.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?