Former BYU coach finds new home in CO

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Former BYU coach finds new home in CO

Post by Schmoe »

Well, either way, Lamb has a job at a (technically) higher-level now, BYU has relegated their lacrosse team and put them in their place. I hope that both do well, but have a feeling that it will take Lamb a few years to really get going at Adams and it will take a long time, if ever, for BYU to get back to where they were. Both parties seem to be happy with where they are now, so let's not dwell on the negative.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Starge
Gray Shirt

Post by Starge »

I am glad Coach Lamb landed on his feet. He is a great coach that BYU doesn't deserve to have. Would have loved to play for him but I too went the UVU route! Hope he wins a NC in Colorado!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

As this year has continued I have gotten to know Coach Lamb even better and I really can't express how much I respect him as a person as well as a coach. It may take him a few years to get on his feet at Adams State, but I know that he'll be successful. He already has tons of kids looking to play for him, there are so many lacrosse players that would love to get a crack at playing NCAA ball.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
sage
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by sage »

snoscythe wrote:My question: If he is really the "Joe Paterno" of club lacrosse, why did it take him so long to land a head-coaching gig....at a Div-II school?
I have had a bit to do with Coach Lamb. Without disclosing anything personal
I asked coach lamb about his getting a new coaching job. He indicated to me that this lay off was an interesting break for him. He has been in LaX for all his life, and was having a very interesting break, between spending more time with what his kids were doing etc. and seeing how life could be without having to fully 'live' LaX. I am sure his batteries have been recharged with a new perspective in life. I would bet that this new job will be handled a bit differently, having learned some valuable lessons about life now.

Even adversity can teach us good things.