Women's Soccer 2016

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Sloppy lethargic play doomed women's soccer team

Post by Mars »

gingi wrote: If they play like this at Penn State the game will be called on runs in the first half... I am trying to convert my wife to BYU sports by showing her our better teams. She left in disgust after the first half.
The score at the half: 0-0.

BYU lost 0-1. Oh the horror.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
gingi
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Women's Soccer 2016

Post by gingi »

The soccer team and its young athletes will improve. Until then there's Glendale. See you there. In white.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

I couldn't watch the Washington State team, but many who did say the team played much better. The thing is, that was on the road and WSU is supposed to be better than Nebraska. BYU didn't play well on Monday for some reason.

I do find it curious that some of the experienced players are getting less playing time in favor of some of the new freshmen. The younger players must have more raw talent, but I wonder what Coach Rockwood does now. Does she go back to more experience against Penn State? I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what the right answer is.

Nebraska seemed to have us scouted out very well and we didn't respond well. PSU is a completely different team, highly ranked, and probably more likely to just do their thing rather than try to replicate what a team like Nebraska did. I don't think they're likely to play the drop everyone back into defense and bring the goalie up high like an extra defender like NU did. This may actually help BYU just play their normal game. On the other hand, it's on the road and PSU is way more talented than Nebraska.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Kind of disappointing that the BYU at Penn State game is not on the Big Ten Network. It should be. PSU is the defending national champions and both teams are nationally ranked. Instead they go with no live sports that night. But then I'm not that surprised having watched that channel a few times. The quality isn't that great. Kind of annoying that they get a huge paycheck from the cable providers but don't take advantage of the chance to highlight sports other than football and basketball. BYU really helps the entire athletic dept. with how they use BYUTV.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I love that we can tell our recruits that you will be on tv and your family can see your games. That has to be a big draw for many of the kids. Plus it should help schedule good games. Nebraska got their game on nationwide TV.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

scott715 wrote:Nebraska got their game on nationwide TV.
Right. When they played at home against BYU last year the BTN was nowhere to be found. They must love the money, but the cable/satellite providers are being taken for a major ride, and perhaps the bubble bursts in the next few years. The basketball coverage is good, but for anything else other than September football when everyone in the league plays directional MAC schools, the coverage on that channel seems to be very lacking. Weird. Even the P12 network shows as much live sports as they can. They just have sloppy distribution.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Penn St is defending champ and ranked #5.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »