Women's Soccer 2016

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Women's Soccer 2016

Post by hawkwing »

Tough loss for the Cougars. Great season though. Proud of our soccerettes.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

FYI - Ashley Hatch was taken 2nd in the draft to North Carolina. She was also invited to play/try out for the U23 national team. If she keeps going, there's a solid chance she gets invited back to the U.S. national team. We could see her in the World Cup. How awesome is that!

Michelle Vasconcelos was taken 11th in the draft.

Question is how does the team bounce back for 2017.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Gunk wrote:
Question is how does the team bounce back for 2017.
Lots of really good players are back. They'll still be good. 2016 was a special team though.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Our font line this last season was one of the most dynamic in the NCAA. Hence the two senior both got drafted. We have lots aof great players back, but our front line, by losing Hatch and Vasconcelos, will be significantly diminished. It's just hard to replace those two, as well as Medeiros. :( I'm glad we will still have Gomes. We just have to figure out who else I'll compliment her. I am hoping Maddie Lyons will be vastly improved on goal-scoring. She is aggressive and has her times, but just can't seems to get the ball in the back of the net. And among the other forwards there aren't any other really dynamic players. Maybe Jocelyn Loomis. Perhaps one of the Freshman will step up and be outstanding. Who knows.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."