Men Volleyball 2016

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Men Volleyball 2016

Post by SkystheLimit »

BYU just did what they've never done before. They went down to #1 UCLA and beat them in straight matches, 3-1 in each match. It's hard to argue they're not #1 when they beat #1 in straight matches.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

#1 has been a death curse. It keeps jumping around. I think we've had it like 3 times this year. I just want it at the end.

IowaCougar
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by IowaCougar »

Yeah, every time they've moved to #1 this year, they've lost that next weekend. This weekend they need to break that pattern and set themselves up well for the tournament. I wish I could have seen the UCLA matches. I've really enjoyed watching volleyball on BYUtv. Awesome team.

I managed to attend a match in person last year when I was out there. Great atmosphere!

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Yeah, but their two matches this week are against USC, who is 7-17 this year. As long as we don't overlook them and play really poorly, we should sweep them easily.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

And we need Stanford to lose a match so that we can get the 1 seed. I think they play against UCLA.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Stanford lost last night. We just need to finish off USC and we will be the 1 seed and virtually guaranteed a spot in the NCAA tournament.

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

USC looked so bad tonight, I can't imagine BYU losing to them tomorrow. It wsas actually kind of sad how badly they played. Still, BYU has to stay focused. Tonight, they became unfocused toward the end and gave up several points on errors and lazy play. Otherwise, we would have won the last set by 15.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

We played really well. I think that was the most aces that I have seen. At the end our scrubs were in and I think they were better than USC's starters.

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

For those who didnt see the match, towards the end of the second match, there was an awesome setve by BYU.

It didnt look much like a great serve very typical. A nuce arc and not very fast. I could have done a serve like that and im old.

What made ut a great serve you may ask?

The members of the USC team just watched it. They were in complete awe of the beauty of the serve, the arc was perfect. Nobody moved, the players just watched it and didnt move until the ball hit the floor between seversl of them.

The match was great but each set was decided at the very start of themm. BYU won every set by 10 or more points.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Cougarfan87 »

urroner wrote:For those who didnt see the match, towards the end of the second match, there was an awesome setve by BYU.

It didnt look much like a great serve very typical. A nuce arc and not very fast. I could have done a serve like that and im old.

What made ut a great serve you may ask?

The members of the USC team just watched it. They were in complete awe of the beauty of the serve, the arc was perfect. Nobody moved, the players just watched it and didnt move until the ball hit the floor between seversl of them.

The match was great but each set was decided at the very start of themm. BYU won every set by 10 or more points.
Are you typing with your toes again? :lol: ;)

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.