Lady Soccer 2015

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Lady Soccer 2015

Post by urroner »

So, not only does the BYU football team win in the last second with a Hail Mary, the BYU Lady Soccer team win with a last second, looooong distance kick into the goal.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by byufan4ever »

The BYU Sports Nation "karma" is for real! Bizzy Phillips was on BYU Sports Nation yesterday before the game and they even told her about the good karma of appearing on their show. And then she scores like this!!
The Cougars finally did put a ball on frame in the 87th minute on a Phillips free kick from about 45 yards away. Utah State had seven fouls and one yellow card in the second half alone, and penalties proved costly. Phillips fired a quality ball on net that looked to be intended for Ashley Hatch as it left her foot. Instead, the ball missed everyone, bounced once at the goal line and ended up in the Aggies’ net for the game winner.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... tml?pg=all

If anyone has a video of that goal I WANT TO SEE IT!!!!

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

The USU game was nerve racking. I was at the game and the last time I went they ended up in a 0-0 tie. I was starting to worry this one was going the same way and that I was a curse. ;) Thankfully and finally,the ball went in the net. The UNLV game should be different. They aren't a good team. We SHOULD score all over them. I sure hope Hatch can get her shot back. She seems to be struggling some. It's great to see more people on here talking BYU Soccer, because I think they deserve being talked about.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I hope to see Hatch's sister get into the game and some of the other freshwomen.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

I did watch the BYU - USU game on BYU TV DVR or whatever it's called. Wow, BYU dominated that game but just struggled getting a goal. Too many times they shot from distance or shot right at the keeper. They should have won 10-0. An amazing goal that some would call luck, but I call it the BYU Sports Nation Karma. A lot of talent on that team.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

I was disappointed this week that the team scored so few goals on two teams that we, seemingly, should have scored a lot of goals on. However, I attended both games with Sarah Chambers Gardner's dad (he has a perspective that most of us don't), and he pointed out that they had played four games in eight days. They were TIRED. While they won both (Yay!), the national coaches didn't look favorably on their wins, and dropped them three spots in the rankings.

I am glad to see some of the other players stepping up as Hatch struggles to get the ball in the net. . I understand that, at times, she gets down on herself and, if you watched the UNLV game, you could see it in her countenance. Hatch is a great player and scorer and I wish she could see that she has nothing to get down on herself about. Hopefully, she will get a goal and it will give her confidence again. She just needs to figure out what in her mechanics are causing the misses.

I am excited to watch the game against Oregon State and hope they win handily. By the way, has anyone else noticed that five out of eight of their games (six out of nine, if you count the exhibition game against Arizona) have been against Pac-12 teams, one of the strongest conferences in the nation for soccer, with all but the Stanford game being wins, and even that one was close, a good showing.

Last but not least, kudos to the defense for allowing ONE goal so far this season. Boaz is outstanding in goal and, even though there have been a few mistakes among the defenders, none have been critical errors and the defense has, overall, been very strong.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BYU's latest rankings

Sept. 15: NSCAA Coaches: 8th -- A new one will come out today. We should move up
Sept. 21: RPI: 3rd
Sept. 21: Top Drawer Soccer: 5th

The RPI is very important in women's soccer and is even more influential in setting NCAA tournament seedings than in basketball. As of right now BYU is in position for a #1 seed like they got 3 years ago. The WCC is a fairly strong league this year so they should be able to stay up there pretty high as long as they keep winning.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-wom ... soccer-rpi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college- ... ings/women" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Ranked 6th now. Two road games this week. Matches at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and Long Beach State, Thursday and Saturday, respectively. I hope they got some of their goal-scoring bugs worked out. Go Cougs!

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Conference play starts tonight at Gonzaga with Portland on Saturday. The WCC is quite good this year. Santa Clara is actually thought by some right now to be in a better spot for a high seed in the NCAA tournament than BYU, even though BYU is higher in the polls. BYU has been good, but they still have some work to do to get them where they want to be seeded in the NCAAs. The non-conference schedule made them play bunches of games together in short amounts of time, and I think they got a little tired. Also, almost every non-conference opponent was good.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

We better get a seed. We played several PAC teams and beat them all but Stanford.