Lady Soccer 2015

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Lady Soccer 2015

Post by BlueK »

scott715 wrote:We better get a seed. We played several PAC teams and beat them all but Stanford.
We will if we take care of business in the conference. The WCC has some good teams this year, so we still have an opportunity to pick up more good wins. The Santa Clara game looks like the biggest one. I would like for BYU to put more shots into the net. Last night we had a good number of shots on goal and forced Gonzaga's keeper to make a lot of saves. Hopefully more of those will start going in soon. One thing that helps is that BYU has proven to be very hard to score against this year even with the tough schedule they've played.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

What have given up this year. 2 or 3 goals so far. Just learned that Hatch is out for a month with a knee injury. Not good news.

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

BYU's RPI IS #4. As long as we continue to win, we will get a good seed in the NCAA Tournament. The trick is to continue winning. Without Hatch that gets tougher, especially with games against Portland, Santa Clara and Pepperdine still to be played during the time she is out (Which is, for all intents and purposes, the rest of the regular season. Perhaps we can get her back for the LMU and/or St. Mary's games). We've got to do better in scoring goals than we have lately. The good teams are going to score goals, even against our stifling defense. We have to get more. We have to pick up our game.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Good 2-1 win tonight. I missed our first goal, but Gomes' goal was great. Too bad for the own-goal. Could have shut them out. I had someone tell me it was a deflection, but it was clearly an own-goal. Anyway, good win over perennial power Portland.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Portland used to be dominate. I don't think they have beaten us. Good win but I wish Portland would improve to make the league better.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Pulled out the win against SD. We had like 49 shots on goal and a ton of corner kicks but it wasn't until the 83 minute that we scored to win 1-0.

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Another win on goals from Gomes (I knew after last season that she was going to be really good, although there are times that her play is a little lazy) and Murphy-Vasconcelos. I have some concerns though. They can't seem to break two goals. They scored two early goals, then didn't scored in the second half. Even Portland beat them 4-0. We as the fifth-ranked team should have beat them by more than two goals, especially on our home turf.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

These next two against USF and Santa Clara this week are big. Santa Clara is high in the rpi and will go down as a very good win if we can get it. USF is a good team that beat Santa Clara earlier this season. We essentially wrap up the league this week if we win these two because I don't think we lose at home after this.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

The Cougars did not look good in their loss to San Francisco tonight. After the First 15 minutes, they looked laxidaisical and sloppy in passing and overall performance, while San Francisco was sharp and aggressive. Gomes, in particular, looked like a lazy kid, letting passes go by her and not aggressively pursuing them. She had a few times that, if she had been aggressive, she could have scored, or at least made a try at it, but didn't make much effort. I am very frustrated with this team tonight. They knew they had to be really on, on this trip. They weren't tonight. Very frustrated. I'm sure the Coach Rockwood is as well.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

SkystheLimit wrote:The Cougars did not look good in their loss to San Francisco tonight. After the First 15 minutes, they looked laxidaisical and sloppy in passing and overall performance, while San Francisco was sharp and aggressive. Gomes, in particular, looked like a lazy kid, letting passes go by her and not aggressively pursuing them. She had a few times that, if she had been aggressive, she could have scored, or at least made a try at it, but didn't make much effort. I am very frustrated with this team tonight. They knew they had to be really on, on this trip. They weren't tonight. Very frustrated. I'm sure the Coach Rockwood is as well.
USF was the first decent team BYU had played in a while and the first one after Hatch's injury. They did come out very flat against USF. They played better against Santa Clara. But from these two games especially it seems to me that they really miss Hatch. She would command so much attention from opponents that it made things a lot easier for the rest of the attackers, and they seem to be having a tough time adjusting. Hopefully she comes back soon.