Men's Volleyball - BYU/UCLA

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Men's Volleyball - BYU/UCLA

Post by urroner »

Okay, for those who missed the BYU/UCLA volleyball match tonight, you missed a great match. Being the friendly type team it is, BYU was more than pleased to serve the Bruins a home cooked meal and the Bruins thought it was a great deal. Little did they realize that Schmoe must have been the chef. :sick: It's a meal they're not to forget soon.

Actually, BYU stole UCLA's lunch, 25-12, 25-17, 25-17 and the score for the first set made it look closer than it really was.

It was a great team effort.

http://m.deseretnews.com/article/865619 ... ner.com%2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Men's Volleyball - BYU/UCLA

Post by scott715 »

We played really well. UCLA did not look good. They get another chance tonight. We've developed some replacements to the guys we lost from last year. It's hard to replace a superstar.

I'll be watching tonight.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

Dobbert was playing lights out last night and, like you said, UCLA didn't look very good. I hope they looked so bad because BYU is so good that they were overwhelmed. We might be able to figure it tonight.

Two hours of BYU volleyball and then two hours of BYU basketball tonight. Form me,it starts at 9 and ends at 1 in the morning. I hope my love of BYU is stronger than my need to sleep. :skeptic:

And then there is women's basketball at four on BYUTv. Damn, what will I do from 6 to 9? Maybe I'll just go rearrange my 4,037 piece toenail clipping collection for the third time this week. Time well spent.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
mendyman
Gray Shirt

Post by mendyman »

Looked ugly at the start but BYU fed off the crowd and got the W off of effort. Exciting match! Too bad Patch is waiting until next season but this team is less predicable without a superstar.

It's high time we replace the ideal of success with the ideal of service- Albert Einstein
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

http://www.avca.org/divisions/men/1-2-poll-1-19-15/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Moved up to #4 in the polls. We play at #8 UCSB next. UCLA fell to #4.