Lady Soccer 2014

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Lady Soccer 2014

Post by SkystheLimit »

Madison Siddoway, midfielder out of North Logan, should also be coming to BYU this next year. She was a verbal commit in July 2013. Confirmation?

For some reason it won't let me post links to articles though, so I can't show where I am finding my info.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Thanks for the info. This might be what you were referring to.

http://news.hjnews.com/allaccess/siddow ... 963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.standard.net/Sports/2014/11/ ... mit-to-BYU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Can't wait for signing day!
Last edited by SkystheLimit on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Rachel Boaz, a return missionary transfer from San Diego State, looks, to me, to be the favorite to be goal keep this next season. Based in articles I have read, she was the goalkeeper for SDSU in their best season ever, before leaving on a mission. We have Hannah Clark as the only other returning goalkeeper, plus two Freshman recruits coming in. Clark is 5'10" and does have some experience from last season. Boaz appears to have some outstanding experience, is 5'10". Not sure about agility.

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Excited for the new signees. It will be cool to see the Hatch sisters play together. Macias sounds awesome. The article I read said she's the top goalkeeper for the Class of 2015. Also excited to see what Cassidy Smith will do. We are deep at goalkeeper now. And it will be interesting to see where Siddoway fits in. I have a suspicion we will see some red shirts, especially at goalkeeper. Boaz is a redshirt junior. I suspect with her resume she will play both years. I think you will likely see at least one, if not two goalies redshirt. Seems like we are really deep at midfield too. Didn't pick up any Forwards this year, but next year we have Flake coming in. This is going to be a really fun year for women's soccer. I can feel it.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I saw some tweets yesterday of signings. How many did we get? Who are the stars?

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

http://byucougars.com/w-soccer/four-sig ... hman-class" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4 signees yesterday,

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

What is BYU going to do with five goalkeepers? Boaz and Clark are Juniors, then add Macias, Smith and Manwill as Freshman. I certainly hope we have some redshirts and missions among those or we're going have a lot of wasted goalkeepers. Can a walk-on (Smith) redshirt?