Mens Volleyball 2014

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Mens Volleyball 2014

Post by urroner »

scott715 wrote:Swept Stanford. In fact swept the best if the MPSF. We'll play Stanford probably on Thursday in Chicago.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
For those of you who had better things to do last night than support your cougar men's volleyball team, hey, I was watching it here in Florida while cross stitching and cross stitching is a manly thing to do, just ask me any time, you missed a great match.

Like Scott said, we swept them, but it wasn't an easy sweep. The scores were 25-23, 25-22, and 25-22. In the second set, BYU was down 0-4 and seemed to have reverted back to being a typical high school girl's vb team, but with 4,367 attending fans raising the roof, they pulled their act together and started to click.

Both teams played very well, but six players on the floor for BYU and the seventh up in the stands were just too good last night.

The game ended on a bummer play, to speak of. Everybody was hoping that Sander would smash the ball so hard that it would erupt and let all the air out and he really tried, but Stanford kept digging it out and putting it back over the net. Bummer.

Finally, a Stanford player, in his eagerness to stop the train, reached too far over the net and hit it. Call it a night and go home.

Now it's on to Chicago and let's hope BYU does better there than it did in the beginning of the season where it lost it's first two games.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

From http://www.ncaa.com/news/volleyball-men ... volleyball" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The play-in matches will take place April 29 and the semifinals and final will take place May 1 and 3. The play-ins, semifinals and championship will all be played in Chicago, at Gentile Arena. Loyola Chicago is the host.

In the first play-in match No. 3 seed Stanford (22-8) will be paired with No. 6 seed Erskine (21-6), with the winner advancing to the championship bracket to play No. 2 seed BYU (21-8). In the second play-in match No. 4 seed Lewis (23-7) will play No. 5 seed Penn State (24-6). The winner will be placed in the championship bracket to play No. 1 Loyola Chicago (27-1). Game times for the play-in matches are 7 and 9 p.m. ET. Game times for the semifinals are 7 and 9 p.m. ET. The championship match will be played at 8 p.m. ET. The semifinals will be streamed live on http://www.NCAA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and the championship match will be broadcast live on ESPNU.
Bolding is mine. For those without a calender, BYU will be playing this Thursday at either 7 or 9 p.m. Living on the east coast, I really, really want it to be the early game.

urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

Just found out, it's the early game. YEA!!!!!!!! The Church is true and my mama does love me.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

And then?

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

Mars wrote:
And then?
Well, mama don't love me as much and the Church has fallible men in it.

Been real busy lately.

It was nip and tuck for the whole match, basically, but Stanford came out with the long end of the stick and used it to beat BYU.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

Finished the year ranked #3.