Lamb to SVU

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Lamb to SVU

Post by Schmoe »

BYU lacrosse founder and former head coach Jason Lamb is headed from Notre Dame to SVU to be their first-ever director of lacrosse:

http://svu.edu/news/archives/2013/jason ... e-director" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"“We’re pleased that Jason Lamb is joining our athletics staff and will be directing the only NCAA-sanctioned lacrosse programs in the nation with an LDS environment,” said Doxey. “He has a passion for lacrosse and a proven track record of success.”

Lamb will oversee the Southern Virginia men’s and women’s lacrosse programs and serve as head men’s lacrosse coach as both teams enter their first year of competition in the highly-competitive NCAA Division III Capital Athletic Conference."

I knew that Jason was looking to get back to his true passion, coaching, and this seems to be a perfect fit.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Lamb to SVU

Post by hawkwing »

Good hire for SVU

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

Background? Left BYU because? What was he doing at Notre Dame? Left ND because? I take it SVU has groqn and grown up quickly.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Cougarbib wrote:Background? Left BYU because? What was he doing at Notre Dame? Left ND because? I take it SVU has groqn and grown up quickly.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Hoofah, the story...long story short, Lamb stepped on the wrong toes by treating lacrosse like a varsity sport and pushing for it to officially become one someday (people who are over club sports don't like that sort of thing) after winning three national championships. He was hired by NCAA Div-II Adam's State to start their men's and women's programs and coach the men. While there he also was hired as an assistant to Major League Lacrosse's Denver Outlaws. He was then hired by Notre Dame as director of lacrosse (both years he was there, the men's program made the NCAA tourney, going to the semifinal game in 2012 and quarters in 2013. The women made it to the tourney both years, and lost in the first round both years).

There was buzz that he wanted to get back to coaching, and SVU, who is taking their club team and making it an NCAA squad (unlike BYU) hired him to do just that.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Makes more sense too. Lacrosse is pretty big back east.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!