Freezing cold weather

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Freezing cold weather

Post by ABYUFAN »

urroner wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:OK - you live in Florida and don't have a grapefruit tree? That bothers me!
No, I don't have a grapefruit tree, but I have an orange tree which produces some of the sweetest oranges I have ever had and they make great OJ. I'll take a great orange tree over a great grapefruit tree any day.
When I served my mission in your neck of the woods, all of the transplants would upon moving in, would plant a half dozen grapefruit trees or so. We missionaries would benefit by having a virtually unlimited supply of grapefruit in that the planters of the trees would quickly become aware that the trees produced more fruit than they wanted...

urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

ABYUFAN wrote:
urroner wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:OK - you live in Florida and don't have a grapefruit tree? That bothers me!
No, I don't have a grapefruit tree, but I have an orange tree which produces some of the sweetest oranges I have ever had and they make great OJ. I'll take a great orange tree over a great grapefruit tree any day.
When I served my mission in your neck of the woods, all of the transplants would upon moving in, would plant a half dozen grapefruit trees or so. We missionaries would benefit by having a virtually unlimited supply of grapefruit in that the planters of the trees would quickly become aware that the trees produced more fruit than they wanted...
My orange tree easily has 150 nice sized oranges on it.

Well, it use to, but my son has been picking some every night to eat and a friend of mine comes over and picks a bunch to make OJ for her and her kids.
Last edited by urroner on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
Italics
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Italics »

Urroner can make orange juice simply by staring at the orange.

True story.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

Italics wrote:Urroner can make orange juice simply by staring at the orange.

True story.

I-man, please don't tell anybody about my part time job with Tropica. The feds don't know about it and it's ez bucks man, just stand there and look good.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?