A weird request.

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: A weird request.

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

hawkwing wrote:But then again, anyone who buys anything from a door to door sales person in this day and age is a sucker.
Yeah, especially if these clowns are selling:

kiwibacon
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by kiwibacon »

CougarClaw wrote:
kiwibacon wrote:
Italics wrote:just don't serve a mission.

I am kidding, of course.

How soon are you leaving?
If you find a good summer job (selling alarm systems, for example), you can make GREAT money AS LONG as you have a tough work ethic. Don't listen to the people who say it's a waste of time... they are lazy and cannot communicate.
If you are a hard worker and a good communicator, you can easily make 20-50 grand in one summer.
Those that install the alarms also make just about as much. My brother has done the installs two summers in a row.
I can't speak for Alarm systems or door to door sales in utah (but we did have alarm boys in New Jersey and I met a few who went home early because they weren't making money)

I sold Pest Control in California in '97. I was the top salesman in my branch and made a few grand. They promised us the average salesman would earn 20k. I saw the entire company stat sheets. Only the top guys made anything close to that and by the time I was knocking the same neighborhood 3-4x that had also been knocked by other companies the same number of times, I felt cheated and swindled in an industry where lies and trickery abounded. I'm glad I got the sales experience, but it was a mormon snakepit. When I quit, I went home and got a waiter job and made just as much money without the 14 hour days in the California sun.
There probably are some really bad ones out there. To throw in my opinion, I believe my brother did so well because he knew someone who knew someone so it ended up NOT being a dead end "scam". His crew would follow behind the sales people and install the systems that did get sold. He did work long hours but he did get paid well. He did it two summers. The first summer was in New Jersey and the second summer was in Houston, TX.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

CAFB_04-12 wrote:
hawkwing wrote:But then again, anyone who buys anything from a door to door sales person in this day and age is a sucker.
Yeah, especially if these clowns are selling:
If you SOLD religion while you were on your mission, you're in pretty big trouble, buddy! :evil:

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

Take an Intro to Wildland Fire class, get your redcard, and work doing that for a summer. The money is really great and you'll get in great shape as well.

Either that, or click on one of my links and get a job making pizza or working as a cashier at WalMart. ;)

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars