President Monson

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

President Monson

Post by nuk13 »

He passed last night. I thought he'd last until the millennium. I'll miss his wisdom, his stories, his love and his humor to name 4 things. He said once they did baptisms. One of the boys stuttered but was able to perform well. He told the boy it had been a miracle. Iiiit sssssure wwwas Bbbbishop was the reply. I'll bet that man misses him as much as anybody. "Plan for your bretheren" President Monson.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: President Monson

Post by hawkwing »

I saw this last night, it's a sad and yet happy time. I'm glad he gets to go to his rest now.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

President Monson was the last Apostle remaining that was an Apostle when I joined the Church back in 1976. Hard to believe that all of those men are now working on the other side of the veil.

Hard to believe also that we'll probably be replacing a 90 year old with a 93 year old. President Nelson will now have the opportunity to call two new Apostles.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

EM_Puma wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:43 am President Monson was the last Apostle remaining that was an Apostle when I joined the Church back in 1976. Hard to believe that all of those men are now working on the other side of the veil.

Hard to believe also that we'll probably be replacing a 90 year old with a 93 year old. President Nelson will now have the opportunity to call two new Apostles.
I would love to see the Church call some mid-30 year olds.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

This is still his greatest sermon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDA5jpqk3g0

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
HoosierCougar
Junior

Post by HoosierCougar »

my son is autistic and has a unique way of sharing his feelings sometimes. he's been praying for months that "President Monson will die soon." It took us aback at first, then he explained that "Pres Monson is old, tired, and misses his wife, so I want him to end his journey and be happy."

interesting perspective from one who understands the Plan of Happiness, but maybe not social tact.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

HoosierCougar wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:37 pm my son is autistic and has a unique way of sharing his feelings sometimes. he's been praying for months that "President Monson will die soon." It took us aback at first, then he explained that "Pres Monson is old, tired, and misses his wife, so I want him to end his journey and be happy."

interesting perspective from one who understands the Plan of Happiness, but maybe not social tact.
Thanks Hoosier.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

hawkwing wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:51 am
EM_Puma wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:43 am President Monson was the last Apostle remaining that was an Apostle when I joined the Church back in 1976. Hard to believe that all of those men are now working on the other side of the veil.

I would love to see the Church call some mid-30 year olds.
Not many 30-somethings out there with the spiritual maturity or life experience to be an apostle.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

I hope the next prophet continues to strengthen the church and move us forward as a people.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Mars wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:42 am I hope the next prophet continues to strengthen the church and move us forward as a people.
"no unhallowed hand..."