Provo Mayor Michelle Kaufusi

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Provo Mayor Michelle Kaufusi

Post by byufan4ever »

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900 ... years.html

The intent of this thread is to NOT get political or to even say whether she'll be a good mayor or not. I just think that the BYU connection is cool. For those who don't know her husband is Steve Kaufusi, our DL/LB coach.

I didn't care too much about her being the first female mayor in Provo, but what I enjoyed reading was about her role as a mom to the Kaufusi boys who have played at BYU.
“I’m the mom who always put academics above any sporting event,” she states proudly. “If they didn’t have their piano done, they didn’t go to practice.”
Sports has never been her strong suit, she admits. “Last week I told Corbin (after watching a BYU game) I noticed his costume was pulled up and he needed to keep it tucked in. ‘Mother, it is a uniform,’ he told me. ‘Quit calling it a costume’ — and that was just last week.”

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Provo Mayor Michelle Kaufusi

Post by snoscythe »

So......piano = academics?

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

snoscythe wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:08 am So......piano = academics?
It is if it's a class in school

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

byufan4ever wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:18 am https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900 ... years.html

The intent of this thread is to NOT get political or to even say whether she'll be a good mayor or not. I just think that the BYU connection is cool. For those who don't know her husband is Steve Kaufusi, our DL/LB coach.

I didn't care too much about her being the first female mayor in Provo, but what I enjoyed reading was about her role as a mom to the Kaufusi boys who have played at BYU.
“I’m the mom who always put academics above any sporting event,” she states proudly. “If they didn’t have their piano done, they didn’t go to practice.”
Sports has never been her strong suit, she admits. “Last week I told Corbin (after watching a BYU game) I noticed his costume was pulled up and he needed to keep it tucked in. ‘Mother, it is a uniform,’ he told me. ‘Quit calling it a costume’ — and that was just last week.”
"Costume." Classic. That made my day. Best wishes to Her Honor. (and Corbin :))