LDS Church Pulling from Boy Scouts

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: LDS Church Pulling from Boy Scouts

Post by nuk13 »

A local talk show had the area scout executive come on air. At first my attitude was good riddance to them, but he reported than the BSA was under heavy attack from lawyers and courts. It was mostly the lgbt?? crowd demanding their entry into the scouts. Girls want in too even though they have their own organization. He said the scouts would go broke in the courts. At this point it appears that the church and the scouts have run out of choices. Yes, I've changed my attitude although it doesn't matter now.

KingCoug
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: LDS Church Pulling from Boy Scouts

Post by KingCoug »

nuk13 wrote:A local talk show had the area scout executive come on air. At first my attitude was good riddance to them, but he reported than the BSA was under heavy attack from lawyers and courts. It was mostly the lgbt?? crowd demanding their entry into the scouts. Girls want in too even though they have their own organization. He said the scouts would go broke in the courts. At this point it appears that the church and the scouts have run out of choices. Yes, I've changed my attitude although it doesn't matter now.
If the BSA itself was determined to hold to the values it had for so long - ones that were similar to Church values - it may have been worth fighting that battle. But those running the BSA, whether they share the same warped views of the LGBT crowd and their supporters or simply are moral cowards who have capitulated, have thrown those values out the window. The Church can't be associated with that kind of thing.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director