CENTCOM to stop lying about troop numbers in Iraq and Syria . . .

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: CENTCOM to stop lying about troop numbers in Iraq and Syria . . .

Post by jvquarterback »

What evidence is there that Assaud or the Syrian army did this? A radio transmission that hasn't been released and some satellite surveillance that also hasn't been released. And an unnamed source in the pentagon or defense delivered to you by people known to have produced or fallen for the propaganda that led to the invasion in Iraq.

This four years after the first false flag attempt failed because the public actually got to see some of the evidence for that one. And you're calling me gullible.

There is a reason this happened without an investigation regarding what happened.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

snoscythe wrote:
Anderson Cooper and NYT are not the "sources" they are the ones running down and talking to the sources.

You claimed there was "no evidence", but there is ample evidence as previous post have shown.
You're wrong on both counts here. There is a government report (not even an intelligence report) asserting a few thing, several of which are completely bogus - the only evidence is that a nerve agent was used. Meanwhile CNN and the NYT have collectively alluded to a single source (who was not identified as an intelligence officer) and all the rest of the "journalists" have simply cited CNN and the NYT.

How many former intelligence officers will it take to help you reconsider your opinion which is only based upon the faith that Donald trump and his generals are more truthful than George Bush and his generals? Here's an assessment from more than two dozen who still have contacts on the ground who question the veracity of what we've been told. These are the same guys who told us before the Iraq invasion that the evidence was bogus then too.

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/04/11/t ... scalation/

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

No sense in arguing with someone who won't accept anything that doesn't come from tinfoil-approved sources.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

jvquarterback wrote: How many former intelligence officers will it take to help you reconsider your opinion
I have refrained from getting into these "back and forth" conspiracy discussion with you, because once you go down the rabbit hole of "govt conspiracies", I have found there is no bottom.

I have also found it interesting that over the few discussion that we have had, you ridicule me and tell me that my posts are full of crap. That I personally am full of crap. And generally, I only believe the propaganda of a corrupt government. It's interesting that you launch these personal attacks without knowing anything about me, or my professional experience. If you recall, a number of months ago, I asked you what your personal and professional experience was, to allow you to form such strong opinions.

Very few people on this board know what my professional experience is. I thought it's time I share it with you. You can take it or leave it. I could not care less. I find it interesting though, that you have had no experience in the military or the intelligence world, yet you are so opinionated and negative towards those communities.

My professional experience involves receiving a commission as an Army Infantry officer. I never saw combat. Butt I earned a healthy respect for out armed services, all branches, and all that have served. It's not that the military makes all the right decisions, nor do they always conduct themselves correctly. That said, the armed services is full of dedicated men and women that are committed to protecting and serving this nation, our constitution, and are fully prepared to give the ultimate sacrifice - even though they do not want to make that sacrifice.

I left the Army and entered Law Enforcement. I worked for nearly 10 years in a hardcore ghetto in Southern California. I worked gangs and drugs relentlessly. I have a pretty good understanding of the crime and pain that that world brings.

I left Law Enforcement and went to work for a large metropolitan fire department. At this time 9-11 occurred. The FBI was organizing a Joint counter-terrorism unit, and because of my military and law enforcement experiences, I was loaned/detailed to the FBI for 5 years. After that experience, I returned to my regular dept, but was asked to write a book/manual of how to deal with terrorist incidents. I did and that book is now being used by more than 30 major fire and police departments.

Of note, one of my best friends retired from the CIA about 3 years ago, after nearly 30 years of service. We communicate multiple times each week - about current events and terrorism.

So, it's interesting that you attack me for being full of crap, yet I happen to be one of those former intelligence officers that you love to quote. Of note, I still have my Top Secret clearance, and am still working. Note, I find it very offensive that you are so quick to attack and demean people personally when you have no idea what their work experience is, or who they are. I think you would be wise to throttle back your personal attacks.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

I've asked you multiple times for a list of your approved intelligence review websites and ... Nada. I suppose you can go snowcythe's route and just say the people who spent their entire careers in intelligence and who cautioned everyone back in 2003 in Iraq, 2009 in Libya, and 2013 in Syria are all crazy even though they were later proven correct, but I'd expect more from you than a citation from thehill that only references an unnamed source in a CNN article in which the position of the source is unclear and is certainly not identified as anyone in intelligence and the inference I took was that it was a political appointee.

If I've offended you somehow by saying I don't have to be in the military or support a corrupt government that has repeatedly abused the men and women in the military to be a patriot I don't know what to say.

If you're willing to put your name and professional standing on the line and say you support the immediate bombing of Syria based on the government brief (or whatever they're calling the four page document the Trump guys Released) go ahead, I'm not stopping you. The guys at intelligence veterans for sanity have put their reputations on the line (just like they have multiple times before) but I haven't found anyone else willing to do so. If you have I would love to check it out.

Sam Adams
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

The big mistake you make is believing the president, the joint chiefs, and the intelligence have to prove something, anything to you. They don't. The have already revealed plenty. You refuse to accept. Your 1st knee jerk reaction is that the joint chiefs, the intelligence community and the president are corrupt and lie. That is your "go to" position. God bless you.

I am not quite as hostile to the military as you are. And as I posted, I have a good number of years in the intelligence community, and I still have my finger on the pulse. They know things they don't reveal. They do not want to compromise intelligence sources.

You will never be satisfied because you find comfort in you conspiracy theories and believing our federal government is corrupt. I could not care less about the world you choose to dwell in. You will never be convinced otherwise unless you worked in that world. Then your eyes would be opened.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

The military exists largely to make a lot of money for a small group of people, and it does that job very well. Protecting Americans is secondary. I don't feel that's even widely disputed.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

Ddawg wrote:The big mistake you make is believing the president, the joint chiefs, and the intelligence have to prove something, anything to you. They don't. The have already revealed plenty. You refuse to accept. Your 1st knee jerk reaction is that the joint chiefs, the intelligence community and the president are corrupt and lie. That is your "go to" position. God bless you.

I am not quite as hostile to the military as you are. And as I posted, I have a good number of years in the intelligence community, and I still have my finger on the pulse. They know things they don't reveal. They do not want to compromise intelligence sources.

You will never be satisfied because you find comfort in you conspiracy theories and believing our federal government is corrupt. I could not care less about the world you choose to dwell in. You will never be convinced otherwise unless you worked in that world. Then your eyes would be opened.
We should all be gullible idiots. Thanks for your intelligence review. With that sort of analysis we'll be sure to repeat the debacle in Iraq.

Those of us who want to be informed patriots will have to look elsewhere for an analysis.

Try this: https://www.yahoo.com/news/mit-expert-c ... 19428.html

Sam Adams
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

So Ddawg, in your expert FBI weapons experience, explain how this sarin canister dropped from a plane and caused that crater. Tell us what your finger on the pulse says about the crush artifact on the surface and how the sarin leaked out of the end. Or should we just rely on your good number of years in the intelligence community and bluster about compromising intelligence sources? Maybe if we worked in your world for a few years our faith would make us whole.

This photo came from a "white house intelligence report" dated April 11, 2017. The full report and analysis of the report by the former DoD weapons expert and MIT professorcan be found here. Or you all can put your faith in the president and Ddawg. Because they don't have to prove anything before starting another war.

Sam Adams
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Got news for you JVQB - you can give it your all to demean me, ridicule me, try to diminish my years of commitment and service. I could not care less. I have stated before and stand by it - the rabbit hole you have gone down of government conspiracies is endless. Anything can be spun and turned inside out. I have seen it done over and over. So, God bless you in your beliefs and efforts. God bless you in your efforts to bash me all you want. I sincerely could not care less.