Trump on pace to outspend Obama on vacations in under 1 year

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Trump on pace to outspend Obama on vacations in under 1 year

Post by hawkwing »

BoiseBYU wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
hawkwing wrote:If current trends continue Donald Trump will force we the people to will outspend what tax payers paid for the lavish Obama vacations over the course of his 8 year term in under 1 year.

We the people need to demand change in how our leaders are allowed to use our hard earned money to golf, travel to exotic and expensive locations, etc.

Just brain storming here, but what if...

We pass a law that allows for 3 weeks paid vacation a year that include secret service protection and use of tax payer funded transportation. Anything beyond that must be privately funded out of the Presidents personal funds.
Curious - what lavish vacations has Trump taken? Exactly where did Trump go on "vacation?"
It's unfortunate that so many Americans are unaware of the travel and expenses that our President is racking up. I'll update this hear so that those reading can be informed. Over $10M in 1 month to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida and taken approximately half-dozen golf outtings.

No President should have carte blanche to travel and vacation at tax payer expense.
Out of the last seven weeks, Trump has headed down to FL to his country club to play golf five of those weeks. Compare this to what he said in 2016 at a rally in Virginia: ""I'm going to be working for you; I'm not going to have time to go play golf." I guess working on his golf game is his version of working for us.
Exactly, it's unfortunate that there are some who are so invested in their belief in Trump that they can't be open and fair minded about his excessive and lavish vacationing.

There is absolutely zero reason for a President to make non-State required travel to vacation resorts, on tax payer dime regardless of whether or not they own the lavish resort.

We pay exorbitant amounts of money for our President to have a safe home and office which is outfitted with all the necessary tools for work and comfort and then we have to pay for them to travel nearly every weekend too?

What exactly in terms of dollars is the return to the American tax payer?

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

BoiseBYU wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
hawkwing wrote:If current trends continue Donald Trump will force we the people to will outspend what tax payers paid for the lavish Obama vacations over the course of his 8 year term in under 1 year.

We the people need to demand change in how our leaders are allowed to use our hard earned money to golf, travel to exotic and expensive locations, etc.

We pass a law that allows for 3 weeks paid vacation a year that include secret service protection and use of tax payer funded transportation. Anything beyond that must be privately funded out of the Presidents personal funds.
Curious - what lavish vacations has Trump taken? Exactly where did Trump go on "vacation?"
It's unfortunate that so many Americans are unaware of the travel and expenses that our President is racking up. I'll update this hear so that those reading can be informed. Over $10M in 1 month to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida and taken approximately half-dozen golf outtings.

No President should have carte blanche to travel and vacation at tax payer expense.
Out of the last seven weeks, Trump has headed down to FL to his country club to play golf five of those weeks. Compare this to what he said in 2016 at a rally in Virginia: ""I'm going to be working for you; I'm not going to have time to go play golf." I guess working on his golf game is his version of working for us.
You're shortsighted. What makes you think Trump is not handling presidential business while playing golf?
What part of negotiation and compromise is done while talking to people? All of it. When do people talk while playing golf? All the time. Guess who was a pretty good president - Ike Eisenhower. Guess how many games of golf Ike played while president - 800 rounds. I guess Eisenhower was a piker though, Woodrow Wilson played 1,200 rounds. You forget, a lot of being an executive is building relationships and communication.

Do you have any idea how many business deals and compromises are struck on a golf course? Like sand on the beach.
Last edited by Ddawg on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

It doesn't bother me.

Obama's golfing only bothered me on a situational basis. You can't play golf right after you denounce ISIS beheadings. You can't go golfing while all of Europe is on a manhunt after a terrorist attack. Other than situations like that, I could have cared less.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Ddawg wrote:

Exactly, it's unfortunate that there are some who are so invested in their belief in Trump that they can't be open and fair minded about his excessive and lavish vacationing.

There is absolutely zero reason for a President to make non-State required travel to vacation resorts, on tax payer dime regardless of whether or not they own the lavish resort.

We pay exorbitant amounts of money for our President to have a safe home and office which is outfitted with all the necessary tools for work and comfort and then we have to pay for them to travel nearly every weekend too?

What exactly in terms of dollars is the return to the American tax payer?
In all seriousness - you are being foolish. Mir-a-lago is his 2nd home. What law says a president can't go to his home? All presidents have places they go to escape where they are comfortable. Every president since FDR has used Camp David. Trump happens to be comfortable at Mir-a-Lago.

As I pointed out, George W. Bush made 77 trips to his ranch in Crawford, Texas. Bush spent $20 million in travel expenses during his presidency going to his ranch. 490 days in Texas. Also, George W. Bush visited and vacations at his parents home in Maine 11 times, 43 days. George vacationed in Texas and Maine a total of 533 days during his presidency. Exactly what is the return to the American tax payer for that?

Did it ever enter your mind that a change of location does not mean a president is not working. News flash - tele-conference, video-conference, phone calls, emails, face to face meetings and conferences. News flash - work is getting done.

Write your congressman and whine to him. See how far you get.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

snoscythe wrote:It doesn't bother me.

Obama's golfing only bothered me on a situational basis. You can't play golf right after you denounce ISIS beheadings. You can't go golfing while all of Europe is on a manhunt after a terrorist attack. Other than situations like that, I could have cared less.
It doesn't mean the world is coming to an end. Taxpayers are spending a whole lot on his golfing trip extravaganzas but this certainly isn't the first time a President has wasted taxpayer dollars. It is ironic to me, though, that last year he said he'd be flat out too busy to golf and then voila, he gets elected and he' turns out to be a golfing maniac. But I guess that is PAR for the course. ;)

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

BoiseBYU wrote: But I guess that is PAR for the course. ;)
[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0neB1b29l8[/bbvideo]