New Sheriff

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

New Sheriff

Post by Ddawg »

It is done. Finished. 45th President Trump has been sworn in. The 70 dem congressmen that refused to attend removed themselves from history and weren't missed. They won't even be a footnote.

America is 1st again. The forgotten working Americans have a voice in the White House.

Ddawg
All Star

Re: New Sheriff

Post by Ddawg »

I liked Trump's inauguration speech. But, this was my favorite part:

"The wealth of our middle class has been ripped from their homes and then redistributed all across the world.

But that is the past and now we are looking only to the future.

We assembled here today are issuing a new decree to be heard in every city, in every foreign capital and in every hall of power. From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land. From this day forward, it's going to be only America first — America first."

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

I also thought it was a very good speech. I hope the boycotters continue and leave the nations capitol. I thought of the woman who didn't go with the Tabernacle Choir. I don't miss her and the choir didn't either. I hope she enjoys more freedom as much as the rest of us.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

nuk13 wrote:I also thought it was a very good speech. I hope the boycotters continue and leave the nations capitol. I thought of the woman who didn't go with the Tabernacle Choir. I don't miss her and the choir didn't either. I hope she enjoys more freedom as much as the rest of us.
Bingo! My wife and I discussed her this morning while watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform. What a loser she is. She had her 15 minutes of fame. It's over.

The "Mo' Tab's" looked and sounded great. I was so glad they were there. It's always good to put your best foot forward and promote a positive image. Keep a stiff upper lip. "Doing your duty" so to speak. The "Mo' Tab's" are now etched in history, part of a great day while "what's her face" is nothing.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

Wow, some of you have talking-like-Trump down pat already.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Mars wrote:Wow, some of you have talking-like-Trump down pat already.
Need a "safe space" because you're missing Obama? :lol:

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ddawg wrote:
nuk13 wrote:I also thought it was a very good speech. I hope the boycotters continue and leave the nations capitol. I thought of the woman who didn't go with the Tabernacle Choir. I don't miss her and the choir didn't either. I hope she enjoys more freedom as much as the rest of us.
Bingo! My wife and I discussed her this morning while watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform. What a loser she is. She had her 15 minutes of fame. It's over.

The "Mo' Tab's" looked and sounded great. I was so glad they were there. It's always good to put your best foot forward and promote a positive image. Keep a stiff upper lip. "Doing your duty" so to speak. The "Mo' Tab's" are now etched in history, part of a great day while "what's her face" is nothing.
I thought the choir sounded great too. They are a blessing. That said, the woman who chose not to sing is not a "loser" and is not a "nothing." Why there is such venom from you is hard to understand. Unless we find more grace and less insult nothing will improve.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BoiseBYU wrote:
Ddawg wrote:

I thought the choir sounded great too. They are a blessing. That said, the woman who chose not to sing is not a "loser" and is not a "nothing." Why there is such venom from you is hard to understand. Unless we find more grace and less insult nothing will improve.
She is a loser. No one in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was forced to go - it was voluntary. She had a choice. She quit the choir and made a BIG media production out of it because she was protesting the CHOIR participating in Trump's Inaugural. The reality is, the Choir has performed for presidents on both sides of the aisle.

If it really bothered her to perform at Trump's Inaugural - she did not have to go. Instead she chose to grand stand and climb on an artificial white horse and make a political production when the Choir is non-political.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BoiseBYU wrote:
Why there is such venom from you is hard to understand. Unless we find more grace and less insult nothing will improve.
You misinterpret my blunt honesty. You want venom? Better look at the left. Yesterday an obviously lefty democrat attacked Donald Trump's 10 year old son on Twitter. Way out of line. I remember when political pundits from the GOP could not even say the name Barack Hussein Obama without being ripped. Saying "Hussein" was a BIG deal. But attacking an innocent 10 year old is Ok?

Here's the article -
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/21 ... -into-her/

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

So that democrat is a bully.