Agree/Disagree?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Agree/Disagree?

Post by hawkwing »

BoiseBYU wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
Thank you. It will be fun to watch all your dire predictions about Trump proven wrong. Just like your ridiculous belief that Trump was a Clinton plant. Not just ridiculous - but flat out wrong. Stand-by. Enjoy.
You mean the theory that I was right about, as proven by Wikieaks.

pied-piper-dnc-email.png

I hope this is the only thing I'm right about in regards to Trump. That he follows up his acceptance speech with action rather than his more vitriolic campaign rhetoric. I also hope those who want to further divide the country have their hearts softened and realize that building unity and brotherhood is the healing our country needs.
Ha ha ha ha ha! You are hilarious. Seriously - you think that says Donald Trump was a Clinton plant? Ridiculous. I'll go back and dig out your quote if you want. You said Donald Trump was a plant by Hillary to disrupt the Republican primary and ruin their chances - ensuring Hillary winning the presidency. What happened to that grand scheme? LOL!

I guess that paper proves that Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and Ben Carson were ALL planted by Hillary Clinton. It's a tri-fecta!

Seriously ..... let it go. You grasped and promoted a kooky conspiracy theory that was not true. Careful now - next you'll be wearing a tin foil hat and seeing black helicopters following you around. You are wrong.
Hillary Clinton did not plant Donald Trump as I said earlier. She and her media cronies did however prop him up in an effort to promote someone they believed to be unelectable to be her chief rival. That backfired, clearly because they failed to recognize just how unelectable Hillary Clinton is. That in combination with Obamacare increases coming right before the election caused a swell of discontent that anyone could have been running against Hillary and won.
Just jumping in to see how much longer we can make this string of nested quotes. Here's a completely unrelated picture to help:

Haha. That gif is from the greatest television series of all time. Thanks Japan! :)
Before I updated the code that runs this site there used to be a limit of 6 nested quotes, that's obviously expanded but to what? I don't know.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

BoiseBYU wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
Thank you. It will be fun to watch all your dire predictions about Trump proven wrong. Just like your ridiculous belief that Trump was a Clinton plant. Not just ridiculous - but flat out wrong. Stand-by. Enjoy.
You mean the theory that I was right about, as proven by Wikieaks.

pied-piper-dnc-email.png

I hope this is the only thing I'm right about in regards to Trump. That he follows up his acceptance speech with action rather than his more vitriolic campaign rhetoric. I also hope those who want to further divide the country have their hearts softened and realize that building unity and brotherhood is the healing our country needs.
Ha ha ha ha ha! You are hilarious. Seriously - you think that says Donald Trump was a Clinton plant? Ridiculous. I'll go back and dig out your quote if you want. You said Donald Trump was a plant by Hillary to disrupt the Republican primary and ruin their chances - ensuring Hillary winning the presidency. What happened to that grand scheme? LOL!

I guess that paper proves that Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and Ben Carson were ALL planted by Hillary Clinton. It's a tri-fecta!

Seriously ..... let it go. You grasped and promoted a kooky conspiracy theory that was not true. Careful now - next you'll be wearing a tin foil hat and seeing black helicopters following you around. You are wrong.
Hillary Clinton did not plant Donald Trump as I said earlier. She and her media cronies did however prop him up in an effort to promote someone they believed to be unelectable to be her chief rival. That backfired, clearly because they failed to recognize just how unelectable Hillary Clinton is. That in combination with Obamacare increases coming right before the election caused a swell of discontent that anyone could have been running against Hillary and won.
Just jumping in to see how much longer we can make this string of nested quotes. Here's a completely unrelated picture to help:

Haha. That gif is from the greatest television series of all time. Thanks Japan! :)
"Sinkers and Floaters" (in the gif) was my all time favorite event.

BOID
Junior

Post by BOID »

This is in response to previous posts, RE rumors of Trump turning against Mormons.

It is interesting that some of Trump's inner circle of big time political players, were the same ones that did not support Romney in 2012 (Rudy, Newt, Ben Carson, Christie). I agree that nearly any, well-spoken Republican could have beaten Hillary, under these circumstances. This includes Mitt Romey, who must be kicking himself for dropping out. Of course, Mitt would have had to adopt a tone of populist anger over the last eight years of Marxist oppression, if he was to compete effectively with Trump for the nomination.

Romney had two things going against him in 2012:
1: He was up against the first black POTUS.
2: He was up against a GOP faction that was willing to believe whatever false rumor/accusation thrown at him by the Dems.

The second issue above, was mostly due to those parties' thinly disguised distrust of Mormons (except for Christie, who turned against him after being passed over for VEEP). I must say, that I am nevertheless grateful to any and all conservatives that were able to come together to defeat the leftist menace in this election (even the anti-Mormon ones, who I genuinely like, otherwise).

But finally, back to Trump:

Trump showed his quality of fairness when he met with Mitt back in 2012, and came away declaring his support for Governor Romney. He had been doubtful initially, but after hearing Mitt out, came away very impressed, and believed in him. I think Trump deserves credit for that. I don't believe that he would want to investigate or harass LDS's.

At any rate, I am elated that Trump was able to defeat the Hildabeast and interrupt the Obama legacy!
Last edited by BOID on Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BOID
Junior

Post by BOID »

Post Script to the above:

I think it was unfortunate that Romney felt the need to slam Trump during the primaries. Mostly because Trump, at the time, had emerged as the front-runner, and flawed as he was, appeared to be the one destined to carry our hopes for an end to a Marxist legacy. I think it was a mistake, and one that Romney will come to regret.

Is Mitt Romney a better man than DJ Trump?

Hell, yes. By leaps and bounds. Is Mitt perfect? No. Anyone can make a mistake. I still live in awe of what Mitt has accomplished, and I admire his integrity.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

BOID wrote:This is in response to previous posts, RE rumors of Trump turning against Mormons.

It is interesting that some of Trump's inner circle of big time political players, were the same ones that did not support Romney in 2012 (Rudy, Newt, Ben Carson, Christy). I agree that nearly any, well-spoken Republican could have beaten Hillary, under these circumstances. This includes Mitt Romey, who must be kicking himself for dropping out. Of course, Mitt would have had to adopt a tone of populist anger over the last eight years of Marxist oppression, if he was to compete effectively with Trump for the nomination.

Romney had two things going against him in 2012:
1: He was up against the first black POTUS.
2: He was up against a GOP faction that was willing to believe whatever false rumor/accusation thrown at him by the Dems.

The second issue above, was mostly due to those parties' thinly disguised distrust of Mormons (except for Christy, who turned against him after being passed over for VEEP). I must say, that I am nevertheless grateful to any and all conservatives that were able to come together to defeat the leftist menace in this election (even the anti-Mormon ones, who I genuinely like, otherwise).

But finally, back to Trump:

Trump showed his quality of fairness when he met with Mitt back in 2012, and came away declaring his support for Governor Romney. He had been doubtful initially, but after hearing Mitt out, came away very impressed, and believed in him. I think Trump deserves credit for that. I don't believe that he would want to investigate or harass LDS's.

At any rate, I am elated that Trump was able to defeat the Hildabeast and interrupt the Obama legacy!
I can state unequivocally Donald Trump has no animosity towards Mormons as a group. Does he have animosity towards Mitt Romney and the Never Trump Utah group, led by Evan McMullin, classified as Mormons, hell yea he does. Because they aggressively opposed Trump he is angry. He's not angry with them because they are Mormons.

Trump supported Romney in 2012. But, in 2016 Romney not only does not support you in return, Mitt skewers Trump on national TV and refuses to vote for him in the final analysis. I have been a huge supporter of Mitt Romney, but in this situation, Mitt was way wrong. Bad judgment.

Mitt forgot Ronald Reagan's 11th Commandment:
"While popularized by Reagan, "The Eleventh Commandment" was created by California Republican Party Chairman Gaylord Parkinson. In his 1990 autobiography An American Life, Reagan attributed the rule to Parkinson, explained its origin, and claimed to have followed it:

The personal attacks against me during the primary finally became so heavy that the state Republican chairman, Gaylord Parkinson, postulated what he called the Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican. It's a rule I followed during that campaign and have ever since."

The reason I know Trump does nor carry animosity toward Mormons as a whole is, a close, close advisor to Trump during his campaign is an LDS fellow from Utah. He was with Trump during the election night and the following day. He was up with Trump 48 hours straight. On Wed. he called my friend (I was staying with him in Utah during the election). They talked about the great election win (it was about 12 hours old). He said Trump was going to come visit my friend in Utah. He's LDS also and gets along well with Trump.

BOID
Junior

Post by BOID »

That's awesome, Ddawg. I had no insider info like that, but I am not surprised. Thanks for sharing.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Trump nor any Trump supporter has any room to talk about Romney or the 11th GOP Commandment.

But guess what, #NeverTrump is over. It didn't win. It didn't change the outcome. Trump would be wise to let it go. Most of the NeverTrumpers I know are willing to give Trump a chance.

At this point, I don't care what he said in the primaries. I want to judge him only on what he says and does from Election Day forward. He gave a great concession speech. I like his move to name Pence (a conservative) instead of Christie (a big gov't Republican) to head his transition.

I hope Trump supporters can let go of their animosity at those who didn't bend the knee and kiss the ring. What matters now is how we go forward together as Americans.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I'm feeling bullish about our future and the stock market is confirming the same thing.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Sounds like Trump is already saying that nothing he said before he was elected was true.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

Mars wrote:Sounds like Trump is already saying that nothing he said before he was elected was true.
Wrong. You like to make wild-ass comments without many facts don't you. Watch 60 Minutes tonight.

“What we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, where a lot of these people, probably two million, it could be even three million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate,” Trump said in an interview with CBS’ “60 Minutes.” “But we’re getting them out of our country, they’re here illegally.”

He continued by saying that after the border is “secure,” immigration officials will begin to make a “determination” about the remaining undocumented immigrants in the U.S.

“After the border is secure and after everything gets normalized, we’re going to make a determination on the people that they’re talking about who are terrific people, they’re terrific people but we are gonna make a determination at that,” he said. “But before we make that determination...it’s very important, we are going to secure our border.”