Agree/Disagree?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Agree/Disagree?

Post by BroncoBot »

My take - definitely cringeworthy and frankly pretty offensive, especially coming from a guy who has lived a privileged life and is certainly in the 1% of earners of all Americans.. Thoughts. I realize JP is a stand up dude, but I don't get his political views as of late.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Agree/Disagree?

Post by Ddawg »

Blah, blah, blah ......
Classic libtard gibberish. Jabari is just parroting meaningless crap.

When I read or hear "Let's make America great again. I think about improving the economy so people can get jobs, have economic opportunity, building a strong military, taking care of our veterans, controlling the sovereign borders of our nation and protecting our citizens from crime and terrorism. Creating an environment where businesses can succeed by not choking them to death with overregulation and oppressive policies.

Anyway ...... that's what pops into my mind. Strange .....

BOID
Junior

Post by BOID »

Very disappointing. He is clearly not thinking for himself. The racism meme hanging over Trump is a DNC/HRC campaign fabrication. I have much more respect for minorities when they are able to ignore that sort of group-think, knee-jerk, chum-the-sharks, race baiting.

Screamineagle
Freshman

Post by Screamineagle »

I really wish Trumps slogan would have been make America even greater.I personally think there are still some pretty great things about America of course that slogan would not have been nearly as effective.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I think it's a dumb comment, just like the dumb comments from several people I know on Facebook that have talked about how Obama is really a Muslim, wasn't born in the United States, and was going to institute Sharia Law, etc.

There's no end to bombastic, stupid political statements.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

hawkwing wrote:I think it's a dumb comment, just like the dumb comments from several people I know on Facebook that have talked about how Obama is really a Muslim, wasn't born in the United States, and was going to institute Sharia Law, etc.

Agreed. No one has a monopoly on the idiotic, the ignorant, the misplaced we've seen this past year.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

BoiseBYU wrote:
hawkwing wrote:I think it's a dumb comment, just like the dumb comments from several people I know on Facebook that have talked about how Obama is really a Muslim, wasn't born in the United States, and was going to institute Sharia Law, etc.

Agreed. No one has a monopoly on the idiotic, the ignorant, the misplaced we've seen this past year.
x3

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Exactly. Just as dumb as the people on "CC" fear mongering about Donald Trump.

Don't know who posted this ......
"Also rumors that top Trump advisers are suggesting that Mormon's be tracked via database along with Muslims and other non-Christian groups as well as tax-exempt status be revoked for not supporting Trump. "

Just a dumb comment eh?

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Ddawg wrote:

"Also rumors that top Trump advisers are suggesting that Mormon's be tracked via database along with Muslims and other non-Christian groups as well as tax-exempt status be revoked for not supporting Trump. "

Just a dumb comment eh?
We all make dumb comments as you have proven time and time again yourself. I am certainly not immune from that. Of course, Trump advisers did actually suggest that as can be seen with a simple google search.

I must say that you are relishing in the win of your chosen candidate with all the grace and good nature as I have to come to find from many Trump supporters.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ddawg wrote:

Just a dumb comment eh?
Don't know about that rumor, but it would not be unwise to ignore that there is an animosity for our church amongst various Trump advisors. Have you read various tweets of Trump advisor Roger Stone? The man mocks our religion and our doctrines and the Temple. Repugnant. And then there is the Trump PAC that said the (fleeting as it turns out) Mormon opposition to Trump is setting things up for a "Mormoncaust." He then said that playing off of the holocaust was meant as a joke, but I at least see nothing funny in it It was vile. There is more out there. I fully understand that many many on the liberal side despise us too. But they do not have the power coming to Trump and the members of his party. I pray President-elect Trump will not heed such bigotry and venom. He said he wants to be a President for all the people. I choose to believe him. Perhaps he will stand up for religious liberty and respect as part of that pledge.