Sums Up My Vote

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Sums Up My Vote

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ana Navarro, a Republican strategist, describes her 2016 vote in compelling fashion, in my judgment:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/07/opinions/ ... index.html

God bless America

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Sums Up My Vote

Post by SpiffCoug »

Any "Republican" strategist who votes FOR Hillary Clinton should be kicked out of the party and banned from ever representing or working for any Republican candidate or office holder.

Ana Navarro is a disgrace. There is NO case that can be made for a Republican to vote for Hillary. She should be ashamed.

And this coming from a #NeverTrumper.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

SpiffCoug wrote:Any "Republican" strategist who votes FOR Hillary Clinton should be kicked out of the party and banned from ever representing or working for any Republican candidate or office holder.

Ana Navarro is a disgrace. There is NO case that can be made for a Republican to vote for Hillary. She should be ashamed.

While I did not vote for Trump, I myself could not find it in myself to vote for HRC. That said, the reasons she mentioned for not voting for Trump were compelling to my way of seeing things.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BoiseBYU wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:Any "Republican" strategist who votes FOR Hillary Clinton should be kicked out of the party and banned from ever representing or working for any Republican candidate or office holder.

While I did not vote for Trump, I myself could not find it in myself to vote for HRC. That said, the reasons she mentioned for not voting for Trump were compelling to my way of seeing things.
Agreed, but those reasons should NOT have then led her to the conclusion that voting FOR Hillary is how her vote should have been cast.

She is no Republican if that is what she decided.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

SpiffCoug wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:

Agreed, but those reasons should NOT have then led her to the conclusion that voting FOR Hillary is how her vote should have been cast.

She is no Republican if that is what she decided.
Agreed, but I read her as taking the same route some of our Trump friends have taken, only the other way, namely there is really only two ways to vote--and two ways only: a vote for Trump or a vote for HRC. Any other vote is a waste and meaningless. I disagree with that view. But I guess the argument is an equal opportunity argument.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I like how most people are voting for one candidate because they don't want the other candidate. No body is in support of the candidate that they voted for.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

I entirely agree spiff. Not a Nevertrump but that ridiculous. I think this election has exposed HRC and fired up the conservatives/right wing nuts/neo-cons/republicans to a degree and she will get a lot of pushback against her more dumb policies. BUT Obama was able to pass some absolute garbage during his time as well. It's going to be a mess either way, but I do not understand anyone who claims to be conservative or republican and voting for HRC.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

I have never heard of Navarro and I never want to hear of her again. She listed several things about Trump, some of which I question, and condescendingly listed a few about the Clintons at the end of her article. It's laughable that she brings up the KKK considering they have always been democrats. She didn't 'say anything about the sexual crimes of Bill. It's hard not to think she's been bought off. I am seeing more and more evidence that the establishment republicans have moved to where the democrats used to be. If they don't kick her out of the party they have moved further to the left.

Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Cougarfan87 »

nuk13 wrote:I have never heard of Navarro and I never want to hear of her again. She listed several things about Trump, some of which I question, and condescendingly listed a few about the Clintons at the end of her article. It's laughable that she brings up the KKK considering they have always been democrats. She didn't 'say anything about the sexual crimes of Bill. It's hard not to think she's been bought off. I am seeing more and more evidence that the establishment republicans have moved to where the democrats used to be. If they don't kick her out of the party they have moved further to the left.
And that is why it is time for a new party.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

Also, why should a person be tied to one party for life? I think that is ridiculous. If party A isn't getting it done for me this election I have no problem voting for party B and then the next election going back to party A again. We have to stop this I'm a Republican/Democrat for life and I will blindly follow whatever the party wants to do. Too many people are putting party over country.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins