Sums Up My Vote

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Sums Up My Vote

Post by BlueK »

hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Ddawg wrote:Just wait and see who Trump nominates for the Supreme Court - it will set the stage for how serious he is to protect and promote Conservative government principles.
I've heard/read a couple places online today that Trump promised Ted Cruz that he would nominate Mike Lee to SCOTUS in exchange for Cruz's eventual support.
A nomination I would certainly support.
I would be really surprised if he chose Lee, who never endorsed him.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

imuakahuku wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
Ddawg wrote:P.S. The Obama legacy - all his Executive Orders and ObamaCare? Poof! Gone with the wind.
Suhweeeeet!
Wait I thought the whole thing was rigged? Sigh. Your man won. I congratulate you and yours. I will endeavor to pray for him. Right now I confess that when I do so, bile comes up. I think the only people more pleased than you are the folks in the Kremlin. This country is or at least can be greater than any President. That is my hope and that we didn't just get a mess of pottage.
Again more media misdirection. Don has no interest in Russia unlike HRC who "sold" half our uranium to Russia. All Trump said was that Putin was a strong leader. He was comparing our feckless and weak CnC to the Russian president who had the world trembling. The media has run with that and blown it so out of proportion and context.
Again I disagree with regards to how pleased the Kremlin is with Trump's election, but as stated, the point is moot.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

BlueK wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Ddawg wrote:Just wait and see who Trump nominates for the Supreme Court - it will set the stage for how serious he is to protect and promote Conservative government principles.
I've heard/read a couple places online today that Trump promised Ted Cruz that he would nominate Mike Lee to SCOTUS in exchange for Cruz's eventual support.
A nomination I would certainly support.
I would be really surprised if he chose Lee, who never endorsed him.
I think Sen. Lee shot himself in the foot when he told Trump to "step aside" and quit the race. Lee also shot down the trial balloon for himself to a supreme court nominee. Sadly - he toasted himself. Lots of other qualified Conservatives.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

In terms of constitutional legal minds there are very few who are as talented and conservative as Mike Lee. We will see if Trump lets pettiness hold him back from nominating him or not, but if so, so be it. It's far more important to do what you feel is right than to compromise your values for a potential job.

imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by imuakahuku »

BoiseBYU wrote:
imuakahuku wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
Ddawg wrote:P.S. The Obama legacy - all his Executive Orders and ObamaCare? Poof! Gone with the wind.
Suhweeeeet!
Wait I thought the whole thing was rigged? Sigh. Your man won. I congratulate you and yours. I will endeavor to pray for him. Right now I confess that when I do so, bile comes up. I think the only people more pleased than you are the folks in the Kremlin. This country is or at least can be greater than any President. That is my hope and that we didn't just get a mess of pottage.
Again more media misdirection. Don has no interest in Russia unlike HRC who "sold" half our uranium to Russia. All Trump said was that Putin was a strong leader. He was comparing our feckless and weak CnC to the Russian president who had the world trembling. The media has run with that and blown it so out of proportion and context.
Again I disagree with regards to how pleased the Kremlin is with Trump's election, but as stated, the point is moot.
I know. Putin took the time to send him a note unlike the lazy world leaders that just called. I wonder what Trump owns in Israel? They appear to be the most elated with his election. Egypt too.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I hope that they now pass some laws to remove fraud from the voting process. I would like to be able to go online after the election to confirm that my vote was recorded correctly. Or mail it and then see how many are returned from dead people Or who had two votes cast.

I would also like to see some fraud investigators hired in all areas of government.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I think Trump does two things right off the bat:

1) Nominates Lee to SCOTUS

and

2) Pardons Hillary.

Trump is no longer campaigning. He now needs to preside and move his broader agenda forward, which is going to require a coalition. His acceptance speech was an indicator of the beginning of that shift. Nominating one of the leaders of the #NeverTrump movement to SCOTUS would immediately bring Michael Medved, Glenn Beck, and a host of other constitutional conservatives who opposed Trump back into the tent and go a long way to healing that divide. Pardoning Hillary won't necessarily bring any Democrats on board, but it eliminates massive source of partisan sniping. Putting the Clintons firmly in the rearview is a huge step forward.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

1. mike lee would be awesome.
2. I'd rather see HRC go behind bars, just like I'd like to see Trump or any Republican that committed crimes worthy of prison put in their place. Have to get away from the privileged vs main street punishment perception in regards to crime. Otherwise we are sending a message that if you have enough influence or money we do not rule by law. and there's no way a pardon puts HRC and bill and the rest of the Clinton mob in the rearview.