Another reason #nevertrump is a bad idea

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Another reason #nevertrump is a bad idea

Post by scott715 »

This is a no win discussion. Both of them have been campaigning about how awful the other candidate is. It does not make me warm and fuzzy. Today the stock market thought that Trump might win and it did not like it one bit. Okay let Hilary win.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

scott715 wrote:This is a no win discussion. Both of them have been campaigning about how awful the other candidate is. It does not make me warm and fuzzy. Today the stock market thought that Trump might win and it did not like it one bit. Okay let Hilary win.
What's the thing the stock market hates the most? Uncertainty and unpredictability. I can't think of too many words that would describe Trump better than that.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

BoiseBYU wrote:I am married to a strong wonderful woman. I have a beautiful daughter, the mother to a delightful grand daughter. I am blessed by three wonderful, independent daughters in law. Donald Trump boasts of sexually assaulting women and getting away with it because he is rich and powerful. Instead of pleading shame and embarrassment, he pleads locker room talk. I do not know how I could vote for Trump and look any of these women in the eye again. I am a proud parent of an active duty officer. Donald Trump advocates the military commit war crimes. I do not know how I could vote for Trump and look my son in the eye again.
Well, I am married to a strong, smart, very moral and active LDS woman, I have 2 strong, smart, LDS daughters. They both have wonderful daughters. One of my daughters is married to an Army Captain - active duty.

My wife, 2 daughters, and active Army Captain son-in law are all voting for Trump and proud of it.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote:There is never a bad reason to be #nevertrump
Oh contraire - U.S. Supreme Court.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

snoscythe wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
hawkwing wrote:There is never a bad reason to be #nevertrump
Oh contraire - U.S. Supreme Court.
yeah......

If Trump were to win - or does win - I would bet you $10,000 he will no nominate his sister.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

For a man who is a serial liar, a man who sometimes changes his position 180 degrees on a daily basis, I find it humorous that people actually believe Trump will do what he says regarding the Supreme Court. And this in the face of what evidence there is, which is of a man who disparages the First Amendment's freedom of relgious provisions and the Fifth Amendment's protection against the seizure of private property, to name a few points that run contrary to what a conservative justice would see as important and of value. I have more faith in a Republican Senate than Trump protecting the Supreme Court.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ddawg wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:I am married to a strong wonderful woman. I have a beautiful daughter, the mother to a delightful grand daughter. I am blessed by three wonderful, independent daughters in law. Donald Trump boasts of sexually assaulting women and getting away with it because he is rich and powerful. Instead of pleading shame and embarrassment, he pleads locker room talk. I do not know how I could vote for Trump and look any of these women in the eye again. I am a proud parent of an active duty officer. Donald Trump advocates the military commit war crimes. I do not know how I could vote for Trump and look my son in the eye again.
Well, I am married to a strong, smart, very moral and active LDS woman, I have 2 strong, smart, LDS daughters. They both have wonderful daughters. One of my daughters is married to an Army Captain - active duty.

My wife, 2 daughters, and active Army Captain son-in law are all voting for Trump and proud of it.
Peace to you and yours....

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

BroncoBot and Ddawg, I want you to know that I admire your courage to go against so many on here. I back you in what you say. I had about decided not to come on the Lounge again as the animosity is so high. While morals is all but impossible to determine I would say you are as moral as everyone everyone else on here. Note that I did not say others were less moral. Some of you have said you have wonderful families. I too have a wonderful family. That is going to be of high value in the coming days. May we all work hard to establish Zion and welcome in our Savior.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

nuk13 wrote:May we all work hard to establish Zion and welcome in our Savior.
Truly what it all boils down to, right?

I'm convinced the trouble that the USA is in economically, mentally, politically both home and abroad is because of the slipping of morals. There some powerful stuff in the BoM that seems to be unfolding before our very eyes. I'll continue to keep my grip on my religion, faith, testimony (and guns and food storage).

No matter what comes of all this garbage, a foundation built on the rock of Christ is going to keep you safer than anything else.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

BroncoBot wrote:
nuk13 wrote:May we all work hard to establish Zion and welcome in our Savior.
Truly what it all boils down to, right?

I'm convinced the trouble that the USA is in economically, mentally, politically both home and abroad is because of the slipping of morals. There some powerful stuff in the BoM that seems to be unfolding before our very eyes. I'll continue to keep my grip on my religion, faith, testimony (and guns and food storage).

No matter what comes of all this garbage, a foundation built on the rock of Christ is going to keep you safer than anything else.
Amen to that and peace to you all.