How would you vote?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.

You walk into the voting booth and the choices are thus:

Add 1 vote FOR Hillary Clinton
No votes
Add 1 vote FOR Donald Trump
26%
Add 1 vote FOR Evan McMullin
26%
Remove 1 vote FROM Hillary Clinton
43%
Remove 1 vote FROM Donald Trump
4%

Total votes: 23

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: How would you vote?

Post by nuk13 »

imuakahuku wrote:
Mars wrote:Trump is evil. People who vote for him will make as many excuses as is takes to assuage their conscience.
Please list what makes him evil. And don't be generic. We can use those against 99.9% of those alive.

Also please understand he is more conservative than Hatch, Romney, Rubio, and nearly every other GOPer in office.
But I think the confusion is about conservatism. Unlike Progressive Liberalism, it is not a political ideology. It is based on eternally correct principles (common sense). Those practicing this common sense will find success as long as another doesn't act against it. And that is what this fight is about. Your liberty vs Those who wish to control you. Trump bases his decisions mostly on common sense not on what is best for their ideology or party. This is why all you hear is negativity toward him. He hasn't broken any law. He hasn't committed any treasonous acts. He hasn't done anything politically unethical. Yet people still compare him to being equal or more evil than Hillary - the most corrupt and evil person to ever run for US President. Even worse than JFK and Wilson and that ilk. Say what you want but please don't consider yourself a conservative if you voted Romney but refuse to vote Trump who is the one true conservative candidate. But I guess words hurt and Trump has been mean to people that were being mean to him instead of taking it like Romney did.
It's not just the Sup Ct that is at stake. The second problem is Obamacare. It is doing exactly what it is supposed to do, collapse and allow Dems to come in and create single payer Gov insurance. And if you don't like what's happening now just wait until the gov gets that control. They will be able to outlaw via regulation anything and everything you do. All under the umbrella of protecting the new Gov healthcare. That is just the tip of the iceberg too. Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant. D.C. Is trying to get all power and if HRC wins they will be very close to doing that.
Add Mike Simpson and Mike Crapo of Idaho to the list of those claiming conservatism but are probably not as conservative as Trump.

Maybe I'm saying it another way but whether it's called conservatism or something else I want far less government. Too long people have said we have to have government and politicians on all sides have used that and more to protect this and protect that and end up taking our freedom, liberty and agency. Of course Trump isn't one of them because he isn't nor has he been a politician. And yes that is why so many of them are out to get him. One of the reasons my conscience will let me back Trump is because he's upset so many politicians that want me to turn to them instead of the Lord.

There are many things/freedoms D. C. wants to take charge of and HRC wants to lead in taking charge of them. I see this as a fight for freedom, not just which side or candidate will win. I paraphrase what Joseph Smith said, I don't govern them, I teach them correct principles and they govern themselves.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I do not believe for 1 second that Trump is more conservative than nearly everyone who is a Republican. Absolutely no way you can convince me of that either. Sure, he may have had an aid write down some conservative principles and policies on what he would do if he were elected but none of his own actions from supporting repealing/limiting the 1st and 2nd amendments, espousing first strike nuclear war in the middle east, abandoning allies, discriminating based on sex, religion, race are conservative principles.

At the end of the day we will unfortunately have Hillary Clinton as the next president of the United States, with the small outside chance of one of her major financial contributors instead.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote: I can't imagine a single reason why I would need to brush up on history. Unlike this particular Trump supporter I'm not comparing him to either Hitler or Stalin. As is clear if you carefully read my comments.
Ha ha. figured it all out have you? I certainly haven't learned everything.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

imuakahuku wrote: Also please understand he is more conservative than Hatch, Romney, Rubio, and nearly every other GOPer in office.
But I think the confusion is about conservatism.
Thank you for bringing this up. I actually did not vote for Romney. I felt he did not espouse"conservatism" and would have furthered the big government power grab.

The problem with the republicans, is they are constantly propping up candidates and telling us they are conservatives. They no longer understand what it means to be conservative. Their agenda (they won't say this) is; protecting their own and furthering big government just as much as the democrats. One of the best things of DJT is the shaking up of the republican party.

Politicians on both sides are a joke. They don't have America's interest aligned with their own. They are in DC for the money, the power, and the prestige. I consider 90% of them traitors.

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

BroncoBot wrote:
imuakahuku wrote: Also please understand he is more conservative than Hatch, Romney, Rubio, and nearly every other GOPer in office.
Thank you for bringing this up. I actually did not vote for Romney. I felt he did not espouse"conservatism" and would have furthered the big government power grab.

The problem with the republicans, is they are constantly propping up candidates and telling us they are conservatives. They no longer understand what it means to be conservative. Their agenda (they won't say this) is; protecting their own and furthering big government just as much as the democrats. One of the best things of DJT is the shaking up of the republican party.

Politicians on both sides are a joke. They don't have America's interest aligned with their own. They are in DC for the money, the power, and the prestige. I consider 90% of them traitors.
Exactly. And in truth the GOP liked being in the minority. They could vote against everything, tell the people they did and point to their record and at the end of the day go to the same parties the Donkeys were going to and hobnob with them.
The evidence is apparent in that they have done nothing to stop Obama in any way. And they continue to allow other organizations take their powers.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

imuakahuku wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:

Exactly. And in truth the GOP liked being in the minority. They could vote against everything, tell the people they did and point to their record and at the end of the day go to the same parties the Donkeys were going to and hobnob with them.
The evidence is apparent in that they have done nothing to stop Obama in any way. And they continue to allow other organizations take their powers.
YES. Instead of being leaders, they enjoy taking the victim role and being whiny followers (who of course require complete devotion when an election rolls around).

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

hawkwing wrote:I do not believe for 1 second that Trump is more conservative than nearly everyone who is a Republican. Absolutely no way you can convince me of that either. Sure, he may have had an aid write down some conservative principles and policies on what he would do if he were elected but none of his own actions from supporting repealing/limiting the 1st and 2nd amendments, espousing first strike nuclear war in the middle east, abandoning allies, discriminating based on sex, religion, race are conservative principles.

At the end of the day we will unfortunately have Hillary Clinton as the next president of the United States, with the small outside chance of one of her major financial contributors instead.
Ok
Romneycare, amnesty, establishment guy, lukewarm on stopping planned parenthood

As for Trump he is not running as a Conservative but has had some of the best conservative minds formulate his policies. As him discriminating that is total bunk. That is the media selling you lies. He had women in high positions of his company long before it became en vogue. Did you know he put a woman in charge of the building of Trump Tower? Also when he built his golf club in Fla. he fought the city and won for the right to allow blacks membership to the club. But you don't hear those stories from the media.
And how did he abandon allies. He hasn't been in a position to do that. HRC has though. And Nuke first strike? Anyone saying that is off the table is a fool. Secretly it can be your policy but you never take it off the table publicly. That's why Obama is so weak and Putin is so strong. He probably would never do it but other countries aren't sure so don't mess with Russia. Putin learned that from Reagan. "The bombing starts in five minutes". That froze the USSR and is one of the last straws that led to their eventual collapse. Saying you are okay with nuke first strike is the conservative position.

BTW it's not one of her contributors. It is George Saurous - probably the closest man to the antichrist that has lived. And even more selling of the US. Did you know that Bill sold out middle tech to the Chinese? Hence Gorelic's wall which led directly to 9/11 being pulled off. He also allowed our nuke secrets to be sold to them. And that's just two examples. HRC sold half our Uranium to Russia just recently by allowing the acquisition of the company that held it.

But my point is not that DJT is conservative but that those others are hardly conservative and Hatch is one of the worst in the Senate. He is buddy buddy with Reed the snake and is their goto guy to when they need that last vote.