How would you vote?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.

You walk into the voting booth and the choices are thus:

Add 1 vote FOR Hillary Clinton
No votes
Add 1 vote FOR Donald Trump
26%
Add 1 vote FOR Evan McMullin
26%
Remove 1 vote FROM Hillary Clinton
43%
Remove 1 vote FROM Donald Trump
4%

Total votes: 23

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: How would you vote?

Post by SpiffCoug »

I don't think Trump is evil. I do think he is a wicked man though.

Hillary is evil.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

SpiffCoug wrote:I don't think Trump is evil. I do think he is a wicked man though.

Hillary is evil.
Is there really a difference between a wicked man and an evil man (or woman)?

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I think there is. I associate wickedness more with an individual and their behavior. Evil is the affect on other towards detrimental purposes.

(8.4x
..................ATT
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

SpiffCoug wrote:I don't think Trump is evil. I do think he is a wicked man though.

Hillary is evil.
Now that's an interesting distinction Spiff. I'd buy you a steak at Outback and chew the fat over that one. I'd just listen and chew on the bloomin' onion.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

SpiffCoug wrote:I think there is. I associate wickedness more with an individual and their behavior. Evil is the affect on other towards detrimental purposes.
Ok. I see where you're coming from. So when we get to heaven and are at the pearly gates, St Peter can say Boise BYU I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is, you're wicked. But the good news is you're not evil! ;) Cheers to all!

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I'm not trying to put words into Spiff's mouth, but perhaps he is thinking of it something like this...

Before Adolf Hitler rose to power and wreaked genocide he was wicked, because he had those thoughts and impulses inside of him. After he did the acts he was evil.

If so, then I could somewhat understand classifying Trump as wicked more so than evil.

Though someone who is a racist, sexist, rapist, psychological liar, sits up all hours of the nights spewing forth hatred is pretty evil in my book.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

SpiffCoug wrote:I think there is. I associate wickedness more with an individual and their behavior. Evil is the affect on other towards detrimental purposes.
I don't know what the difference is. It might be worth the time to look them up. The definitions are not so important as the concepts. This is a wise concept.

Ddawg, Spiff and whoever else, you don't have to chew the fat, just get Idaho beef and potatoes. They're easy to chew. I'd brave the Utah traffic for that.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

hawkwing wrote:I'm not trying to put words into Spiff's mouth, but perhaps he is thinking of it something like this...

Before Adolf Hitler rose to power and wreaked genocide he was wicked, because he had those thoughts and impulses inside of him. After he did the acts he was evil.

If so, then I could somewhat understand classifying Trump as wicked more so than evil.

Though someone who is a racist, sexist, rapist, psychological liar, sits up all hours of the nights spewing forth hatred is pretty evil in my book.
Except, by invoking Hitler, you automatically lose the argument on the Internet.

(8.4x
..................ATT
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Ddawg wrote:

Hillary is evil.
Now that's an interesting distinction Spiff. I'd buy you a steak at Outback and chew the fat over that one. I'd just listen and chew on the bloomin' onion.
Let's do it!

Who else is coming the first ever Cougar Corner Outback night? We can all pontificate on politics, BYU football and philosophy. Let's do it next Friday in Orem!

(8.4x
..................ATT
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

SpiffCoug wrote:
hawkwing wrote:I'm not trying to put words into Spiff's mouth, but perhaps he is thinking of it something like this...

Except, by invoking Hitler, you automatically lose the argument on the Internet.
Call it Stalin then, which is actually what someone else suggested to me as a reason to vote for him, because he's like Stalin.