How would you vote?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.

You walk into the voting booth and the choices are thus:

Add 1 vote FOR Hillary Clinton
No votes
Add 1 vote FOR Donald Trump
26%
Add 1 vote FOR Evan McMullin
26%
Remove 1 vote FROM Hillary Clinton
43%
Remove 1 vote FROM Donald Trump
4%

Total votes: 23

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: How would you vote?

Post by Ddawg »

Sammich wrote: Are you seriously arguing that voters have to abide by the will of the party they aligned most with in the primaries?
Your darn right I'm arguing that. It happens in just about every presidential primary. Bitter struggles are fought and hard things are said. Eventually 1 candidate emerges. Both former candidates and the party members have to put aside deeply hurt feelings and align behind the 1 candidate that won the primary and unite. Lincoln said "A house divided against itself cannot stand." He was right.

Pure and simple - you McMulling folks are protesting against the democratic process of the GOP primary - because you don't like the guy that won. I get it. But, there is a time to unite against real corruption and real evil - that is the dimocrat party. When you stack Trump up against Hillary there is no comparison - none.

Hillary is absolutely a Gadianton robber, along with her husband and the corrupt libtard dimocrat party. Wikileaks has exposed that. Trump will drain the corrupt Washington DC swamp.

It's been posted here - someone had a theory that Trump was a Manchurian candidate - part of a Clinton conspiracy to disrupt the GOP primary. Well, 35,000+ insider dimocrat emails later from Wikileaks and not 1 mention of that theory. It's not true. Not at all.

Good luck.

Sammich
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Sammich »

Ddawg wrote:
Sammich wrote: Are you seriously arguing that voters have to abide by the will of the party they aligned most with in the primaries?
Your darn right I'm arguing that. It happens in just about every presidential primary. Bitter struggles are fought and hard things are said. Eventually 1 candidate emerges. Both former candidates and the party members have to put aside deeply hurt feelings and align behind the 1 candidate that won the primary and unite. Lincoln said "A house divided against itself cannot stand." He was right.

Pure and simple - you McMulling folks are protesting against the democratic process of the GOP primary - because you don't like the guy that won. I get it. But, there is a time to unite against real corruption and real evil - that is the dimocrat party. When you stack Trump up against Hillary there is no comparison - none.

Hillary is absolutely a Gadianton robber, along with her husband and the corrupt libtard dimocrat party. Wikileaks has exposed that. Trump will drain the corrupt Washington DC swamp.

It's been posted here - someone had a theory that Trump was a Manchurian candidate - part of a Clinton conspiracy to disrupt the GOP primary. Well, 35,000+ insider dimocrat emails later from Wikileaks and not 1 mention of that theory. It's not true. Not at all.

Good luck.
I guess that's the line we disagree on then. I agree that a party will never get a perfect candidate for everyone and there will have to be concessions for any general election. But if the party votes for evil then the voters are under no obligation to back that evil, even if the other side represents a different sort of evil. You do not believe that Trump's evil is equal to Hillary's and you downplay or ignore the things he has done and said, likely because you weigh the specific political evils of Hillary as being worse than the political evils of Trump, which are many. I do not see eye to eye with you on that point and likely never will with that type of reckoning being so different between us.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

Trump is evil. People who vote for him will make as many excuses as is takes to assuage their conscience.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Mars wrote:Trump is evil. People who vote for him will make as many excuses as is takes to assuage their conscience.
Ha ha ha! Another ridiculous, childish statement. Do you really think a man with the stature and integrity of Rudy Giuliani, would endorse and stand by Donald Trump if he was the kind of person you describe? Not a chance. Step back from the ledge.

Even Orrin Hatch realizes what's at stake here and has reaffirmed his endorsement and support for Trump. Orrin Hatch says he knows Hillary - and he's voting for Trump.

Hatch:
"Though Hatch described McMullin as "sincere," he said he thought voting for any third-party candidate was a vote directly for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton."

Repeat - Sen. Orrin Hatch said a vote for any third-party candidate was a vote for Hillary. You and any McMullin voter is supporting and voting for the corrupt Hillary. Hatch said voting for Evan McMullin is throwing your vote away.

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/g ... 3b9b3.html
Last edited by Ddawg on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

I think with the collapse we're seeing of Hillary that the more the perception grows that Trump can win, the lower the chance that McMullin can win Utah drops.

Hillary is beginning to crater. People aren't necessarily going to Trump, but they are leaving Hillary. But will enough leave?

I'm still not voting for either, but I'm thinking that Trump is going to win Utah.

Anyone who votes for Hillary is voting for blatant corruption that will damage our country greatly. Those people are contributing to the downfall of our nation. I have no problem with those who feel they need to or should or will vote for Trump. But it is simply inexcusable to vote for Hillary.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

[quote="SpiffCoug"
Anyone who votes for Hillary is voting for blatant corruption that will damage our country greatly. Those people are contributing to the downfall of our nation.
[/quote]

Agree with you 100%.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

SpiffCoug wrote:I think with the collapse we're seeing of Hillary that the more the perception grows that Trump can win, the lower the chance that McMullin can win Utah drops.

Hillary is beginning to crater. People aren't necessarily going to Trump, but they are leaving Hillary. But will enough leave?

I'm still not voting for either, but I'm thinking that Trump is going to win Utah.

Anyone who votes for Hillary is voting for blatant corruption that will damage our country greatly. Those people are contributing to the downfall of our nation. I have no problem with those who feel they need to or should or will vote for Trump. But it is simply inexcusable to vote for Hillary.
I agree with this, however, of course I feel it's equally inexcusable to vote for Trump. It's been quite interesting to see over the last few weeks how many Utahns have experienced Stockholm syndrome and have progressed from "I'll plug my nose and vote for whom I consider to be the lesser of two evils," (even though I believe he is truly the greater of two evils) to "I'm a proud and voracious supporter of Donald Trump."

Sammich
Senior

Post by Sammich »

hawkwing wrote:It's been quite interesting to see over the last few weeks how many Utahns have experienced Stockholm syndrome and have progressed from "I'll plug my nose and vote for whom I consider to be the lesser of two evils," (even though I believe he is truly the greater of two evils) to "I'm a proud and voracious supporter of Donald Trump."
This has been the disturbing thing to me as well. I've seen the same movement in my liberal friends also: they've moved from, "Well, I'd rather have Sanders, but even a corrupt Hillary is better than Trump" to "Hillary is a wonderful person being unfairly oppressed by bad, mean men!" I totally get the nose-plug vote, I've done it before myself. But the amount of self-justification being used to wholeheartedly endorse what was previously seen as mixed evil, on both sides, is actually more terrifying than all the wrongness of the two candidates combined.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Sammich wrote:
hawkwing wrote:It's been quite interesting to see over the last few weeks how many Utahns have experienced Stockholm syndrome and have progressed from "I'll plug my nose and vote for whom I consider to be the lesser of two evils," (even though I believe he is truly the greater of two evils) to "I'm a proud and voracious supporter of Donald Trump."
This has been the disturbing thing to me as well. I've seen the same movement in my liberal friends also: they've moved from, "Well, I'd rather have Sanders, but even a corrupt Hillary is better than Trump" to "Hillary is a wonderful person being unfairly oppressed by bad, mean men!" I totally get the nose-plug vote, I've done it before myself. But the amount of self-justification being used to wholeheartedly endorse what was previously seen as mixed evil, on both sides, is actually more terrifying than all the wrongness of the two candidates combined.
Great point, the same is going on exactly with Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote: .... even though I believe he is truly the greater of two evils .....
I've noticed you're quick to call Trump "evil." I've wondered, exactly what he has done that you consider "evil." I also wonder how much "evil" you've been around - what your definition of "evil" is.

I've been around real evil people - close up. One of them was Angelo Buono, the Hillside Strangler. For a year I woke him up every morning, got him dressed for court, took him to court, read all his outgoing and incoming mail. I spent a lot of time with him. He was very evil.

So, exactly what has Donald Trump done that you consider so evil? Curious.