How would you vote?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.

You walk into the voting booth and the choices are thus:

Add 1 vote FOR Hillary Clinton
No votes
Add 1 vote FOR Donald Trump
26%
Add 1 vote FOR Evan McMullin
26%
Remove 1 vote FROM Hillary Clinton
43%
Remove 1 vote FROM Donald Trump
4%

Total votes: 23

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: How would you vote?

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
hawkwing wrote:I'm not trying to put words into Spiff's mouth, but perhaps he is thinking of it something like this...

Before Adolf Hitler rose to power and wreaked genocide he was wicked, because he had those thoughts and impulses inside of him. After he did the acts he was evil.

If so, then I could somewhat understand classifying Trump as wicked more so than evil.

Though someone who is a racist, sexist, rapist, psychological liar, sits up all hours of the nights spewing forth hatred is pretty evil in my book.
Except, by invoking Hitler, you automatically lose the argument on the Internet.
Call it Stalin then, which is actually what someone else suggested to me as a reason to vote for him, because he's like Stalin.
Which is even a worse argument....

Where are you getting these comparisons? Hillary's talking points?

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote: If so, then I could somewhat understand classifying Trump as wicked more so than evil.

Though someone who is a racist .....
Interesting - Trump's national spokesperson for his presidential campaign is an African American female - Karina Pierson. Note, Katrina voted for Obama in 2008. After meeting Donald Trump, she was hired as his campaigns national spokesperson in Nov. 2015. How is this racist?

hawkwing wrote: ..... sexist ......
Hmmmm ..... no doubt Donald Trump has a potty mouth. Let's see, Trump's campaign manager is Kellanne Conway (hired in Aug. 2016). Kellyanne is the 1st female EVER to manage a GOP general election presidential campaign. How is this sexist? Not even perfect golden boy Mitt Romney had a female campaign manager.

Oh yeah - his national spokesperson is female too - (see under the heading - racist).

hawkwing wrote: ..... rapist .....
Has Donald Trump ever been arrested and prosecuted for rape or attempted rape? This is a serious charge not to be taken lightly. I have personally handled numerous rape cases. They are very serious and heinous. I take them seriously. That said - anyone can claim and file a civil complaint in court. A complaint is not proof.

To be arrested, prosecuted, and convicted is a whole other matter. To the best of my knowledge, I have never heard of Donald Trump being arrested or prosecuted for rape. It's very serious to throw that term and accusation around lightly.

If you know of any case where Trump was prosecuted and convicted of rape - please provide that case.

hawkwing wrote: .... psychological liar ......
I have no idea what a psychological liar is. I guess all lying is psychological in nature.

hawkwing wrote: .... sits up all hours of the nights spewing forth hatred is pretty evil in my book.
Yep, Trump is a chronic twitter junkie. I don't think it qualifies so much for hate as classic New York smack talk - electronically. He likes TWAR's (twitter wars). So do lots of celebrities, professional athletes, college athletes, it goes on ad-nauseam. It's like a TV show. You don't like it - don't watch.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

BroncoBot wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
hawkwing wrote:I'm not trying to put words into Spiff's mouth, but perhaps he is thinking of it something like this...

Before Adolf Hitler rose to power and wreaked genocide he was wicked, because he had those thoughts and impulses inside of him. After he did the acts he was evil.

If so, then I could somewhat understand classifying Trump as wicked more so than evil.

Though someone who is a racist, sexist, rapist, psychological liar, sits up all hours of the nights spewing forth hatred is pretty evil in my book.
Except, by invoking Hitler, you automatically lose the argument on the Internet.
Call it Stalin then, which is actually what someone else suggested to me as a reason to vote for him, because he's like Stalin.

The Stalin comparison was proposed to me by a Trump supporter.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

hawkwing wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:

Must be a hardcore Breitbart kind of guy.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:

Sounds like you both need to brush up on history.

Sammich
Senior

Post by Sammich »

I think this article is a great response to this thread. https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... n-or-trump

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

BroncoBot wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:

Sounds like you both need to brush up on history.
I can't imagine a single reason why I would need to brush up on history. Unlike this particular Trump supporter I'm not comparing him to either Hitler or Stalin. As is clear if you carefully read my comments.

Sammich
Senior

Post by Sammich »

Oh, and one more article for the doomsdayers. http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/02/thi ... lifetimes/

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Great articles, Sammich. I agree with both.

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

Mars wrote:Trump is evil. People who vote for him will make as many excuses as is takes to assuage their conscience.
Please list what makes him evil. And don't be generic. We can use those against 99.9% of those alive.

Also please understand he is more conservative than Hatch, Romney, Rubio, and nearly every other GOPer in office.
But I think the confusion is about conservatism. Unlike Progressive Liberalism, it is not a political ideology. It is based on eternally correct principles (common sense). Those practicing this common sense will find success as long as another doesn't act against it. And that is what this fight is about. Your liberty vs Those who wish to control you. Trump bases his decisions mostly on common sense not on what is best for their ideology or party. This is why all you hear is negativity toward him. He hasn't broken any law. He hasn't committed any treasonous acts. He hasn't done anything politically unethical. Yet people still compare him to being equal or more evil than Hillary - the most corrupt and evil person to ever run for US President. Even worse than JFK and Wilson and that ilk. Say what you want but please don't consider yourself a conservative if you voted Romney but refuse to vote Trump who is the one true conservative candidate. But I guess words hurt and Trump has been mean to people that were being mean to him instead of taking it like Romney did.
It's not just the Sup Ct that is at stake. The second problem is Obamacare. It is doing exactly what it is supposed to do, collapse and allow Dems to come in and create single payer Gov insurance. And if you don't like what's happening now just wait until the gov gets that control. They will be able to outlaw via regulation anything and everything you do. All under the umbrella of protecting the new Gov healthcare. That is just the tip of the iceberg too. Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant. D.C. Is trying to get all power and if HRC wins they will be very close to doing that.