What is Your Plan?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: What is Your Plan?

Post by hawkwing »

I will say my current plan is either to write in Mitt Romney or to vote for Evan McMullin. I have made a decision in my life that I will only vote for candidates that I believe are honest, have integrity, and will serve the country to the best of their abilities. I may not agree with every policy decision they make, but I need to believe in their hearts.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

I'm in Colorado. Swing state. Conscience won't let me write in or vote for anyone but Trump unless they have a legit shot at beating Hillary.

I'm in lockstep with Ddawg. Anything to keep Hillary out.

BoiseBYU, your same logic applies to Trump. If the House and senate have republican majority, then they'll be able to contain Trump to a degree. You do know that quite a few people have called HRC unfit for president?

Executive branch has too much power. the next president should simply veto/sign laws and golf a lot. HRC and Trump will both do/say dumb things. I think more liberties are in jeopardy with HRC. Trump gets my vote based on that.

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

With Hillary you get -
1. Disastrous open borders and floods of illegal immigrants - guaranteed. Hillary will do everything she can to legalize 20+ million illegals and give them the vote. Once that happens, the GOP will never elect another Republican to the White House in out lifetime. The Senate and House are gone - guaranteed.
2. No economic plan to shake the U.S. economy out of it's current Obama malaise. 4 more years of borrowing, printing, more regulation, higher taxes, more re-distribution of wealth.
3. More disastrous foreign policy. Everything Hillary and Obama touched on foreign policy is a disaster.
4. The SCOTUS will have 1-3 more liberal justices - guaranteed.
5. The Federal Appeals Courts will continue their march to total liberal control under Hillary - guaranteed.

So - like him or not - Trump is the final "firewall" to stop Hillary. Period. No other option. You can repeat all the liberal Dem talking points you want. But, what is your plan to stop evil Hillary?[/quote]

In addition to these 5 points she will seriously attack the first amendment. I don't think she likes Christian religion and may demand the churches have a quota of non heterosexual clergy. Attacks on free speech have already begun and I think she will continue this.

She will attack the second amendment which has been weakened and she will try to finish the job.

Even if she isn't worse than Obama she will continue what he's done and take the things enumerated and others as well, down the road to despotism.

I wish the republicans in the house and senate would have worked against Obama more than they did but they didn't and unless they have a change of heart I don't see them confronting her.

Every candidate has flaws but Trump is the only one with a chance to beat her. There were some local people that attended a small gathering with Trump. I don't remember all that I heard but he admitted that he was reactionary in some of the things he said. He also said he worked to have good people around him.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BroncoBot wrote:
Executive branch has too much power. the next president should simply veto/sign laws and golf a lot. HRC and Trump will both do/say dumb things. I think more liberties are in jeopardy with HRC. Trump gets my vote based on that.
I actually think Trump is looking for unlimited power, where Hillary would at least try to get the congress to go along with her. If they're controlled by the dems the result is the same. I realize that. But if the executive branch having too much power is your concern, Trump should also concern you greatly based on things he has said. There is a reason he praises "strong leaders" like Putin, Kim Yung Un and the Chinese response to Tianamen Square. It's because he believes more in dictatorship than Constitutional government. He talks as though the president can and should do anything he wants: only he can solve all our problems and make all our dreams come true. He talks in the same terms rising dictators throughout history always have. Should we really pretend he's "just kidding" about some of the crazier things he's said?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Trump has no idea on how to be president and that is a good thing. If elected nothing will happen for six months as he tries to figure out what he can do.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

scott715 wrote:Trump has no idea on how to be president and that is a good thing. If elected nothing will happen for six months as he tries to figure out what he can do.
This is a hopeful idea. The problem is does it really match his personality? Everything he does and says seems to say he thinks he knows more than he does: "I know more about ISIS than the generals do." Uh, no he doesn't. It seems to me a lot rationalize their vote for him on the belief that he doesn't really mean half the stuff he says. Ok, but if he really is as black and white and simplistic as he comes across and acts as president exactly how he says he will? That's pretty scary to me.
Last edited by BlueK on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

BlueK wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
I actually think Trump is looking for unlimited power, where Hillary would at least try to get the congress to go along with her. If they're controlled by the dems the result is the same. I realize that. But if the executive branch having too much power is your concern, Trump should also concern you greatly based on things he has said. There is a reason he praises "strong leaders" like Putin, Kim Yung Un and the Chinese response to Tianamen Square. It's because he believes more in dictatorship than Constitutional government. He talks as though the president can and should do anything he wants: only he can solve all our problems and make all our dreams come true. He talks in the same terms rising dictators throughout history always have. Should we really pretend he's "just kidding" about some of the crazier things he's said?
I'm more concerned with what Hillary has DONE and said than what the bag of hot air has simply said. Hillary is just as power hungry and i suppose if i had to have one rule the world it would be trump. wow, what a scary thought.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

BlueK wrote:
scott715 wrote:Trump -- "I know more about ISIS than the generals do."
This is one of the few things Trump says right. He's far better on foreign policy than Clinton. These generals created ISIS along with Hillary Clinton. Trump should never have backed down from his statement that Clinton and Bush policies (pushed by those generals) have led to the disaster we have now in the middle east.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

I doubt that Trump could even find Iraq or Afghanistan on a map. His knowledge of foreign policy is laughable, at best.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Mars wrote:I doubt that Trump could even find Iraq or Afghanistan on a map. His knowledge of foreign policy is laughable, at best.
I would bet you $10,000 Trump knows exactly where Iraq and Afghanistan are on a map.