Hillary has pneumonia

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Hillary has pneumonia

Post by SpiffCoug »

While he has impressive resume and some of the emails are funny, I sold my stock in Powell long ago.

For him to make that speech to the UN to make the case for invasion based on WMD and then later claim he didn't believe the speech and tried to distance himself from it disappointed me. If you didn't believe it, you shouldn't have given it. You should have stood up to your boss, the President, and voiced your concerns more forcefully. If you felt so strongly about your doubts that they weren't being heard and the nation was being rushed head long into a mistaken war, then you should have resigned and made your case in public.(http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/artic ... e-failure/)

Then he also claimed that opposition to Obama was racially and not policy based. That bothered me as well and cemented my opinion that Powell got to where he was (4-star general, Secretary of State, etc.) not based his merits but on his political acumen and skin color. He is not a general that would have impressed me or inspired me to follow him into battle.
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... acist.html)

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

SpiffCoug wrote:While he has impressive resume and some of the emails are funny, I sold my stock in Powell long ago.

For him to make that speech to the UN to make the case for invasion based on WMD and then later claim he didn't believe the speech and tried to distance himself from it disappointed me. If you didn't believe it, you shouldn't have given it. You should have stood up to your boss, the President, and voiced your concerns more forcefully.
Colin Powell is an opportunist. A self serving opportunist. I was dumbfounded how unimpressive he is when I sat across the table from him for an hour, in a board discussion.

As far as him pushing back on Bush for the Iraq WMD invasion. Bush himself was very skeptical, and pushed back in the WMD "facts" coming from the CIA. The liberal puke democrats will swallow their tongues over this info. It's one of their foundation planks that George W. Bush lied about the WMD's in Iraq to take us to war. Not so. the Washington Posts' Bob Woodward investigated this for 18 months - and concluded the following-

"The Washington Post's Bob Woodward is often the authoritative last word. He's turned up a lot of "scoops" going back to the administration of President Richard M. Nixon ....."

"His latest bit of journalism isn't likely to win him any more friends on the left, as he's just knocked down a revered piece of conventional wisdom that will force a reassessment of George W. Bush's presidency. For according to Woodward, there's no evidence the 43rd president of the United States "lied" the nation into war."

"Bush's political opponents like to make this claim to delegitimize not just the war but his entire presidency."

"An argument could certainly and persuasively be made, he told moderator Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday," that the Iraq War was a mistake, but "there was no lying in this that I could find."
According to Woodward, Bush himself was skeptical about the presence of weapons of mass destruction and urged caution on then-CIA Director George Tenet lest he stretch the case that there were."

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/pet ... t-iraq-war

Basically, the decision to go to war came from intelligence evidence fro our CIA and out reliable foreign intelligence allies. CIA Director George Tenet, when being questioned by Pres. Bush hard, looked at Bush and confirmed Iraq had WMD's. He said "it's a slam dunk" Mr. President. Then the decision was made to go forward.

Colin Powell is a spineless opportunist that threw George Bush under the bus the protect himself and further his own interests.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ddawg wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
Mars wrote:
Ddawg wrote: There has never been such a self serving, greedy, and dishonest person running for the presidency.
Actually, there are two of them this year.
Strangely enough, while Colin Powell did rip on HRC ( and justifiably so) that did not stop him from trashing Trump too in a different email. Called Trump unqualified to be a President. The General appears to me to be spot on in both assessments.
That is true - he did trash Trump. Remember, Colin Powell also turned on John McCain and endorsed Obama, 2x. So, how solid is Colin Powell's judgement?

I happened to have a personal experience with Colin Powell. I was at a conference in Washington DC 8 years ago. I was a huge Colin Powell fan. I had the chance to meet him and sit in a round table for an hour with Colin Powell, and executives. I happened to sit on board of directors and was part of the meeting. Remember, I went into that meeting very excited to meet Colin Powell, as I was a big fan of his. An hour later I walked out disappointed - real disappointed. I'll just say, he's not as impressive as one might think. I'll just leave it at that.
But he's ok and credible to quote when he trashes HRC but not when he trashes Trump?

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BoiseBYU wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
Mars wrote:
Ddawg wrote: There has never been such a self serving, greedy, and dishonest person running for the presidency.
Strangely enough, while Colin Powell did rip on HRC ( and justifiably so) that did not stop him from trashing Trump too in a different email. Called Trump unqualified to be a President. The General appears to me to be spot on in both assessments.
That is true - he did trash Trump. Remember, Colin Powell also turned on John McCain and endorsed Obama, 2x. So, how solid is Colin Powell's judgement?

I happened to have a personal experience with Colin Powell. I was at a conference in Washington DC 8 years ago. I was a huge Colin Powell fan. I had the chance to meet him and sit in a round table for an hour with Colin Powell, and executives. I happened to sit on board of directors and was part of the meeting. Remember, I went into that meeting very excited to meet Colin Powell, as I was a big fan of his. An hour later I walked out disappointed - real disappointed. I'll just say, he's not as impressive as one might think. I'll just leave it at that.
But he's ok and credible to quote when he trashes HRC but not when he trashes Trump?
Big difference. Colin Powell is friends with Hillary. He even states in his emails he "likes" her. Yet he knows her true character and will not vote for her. Because of her greed, unbridled quest for power, etc. Of note, Colin Powell is not even a Republican. He endorsed and voted for Obama 2x. Powell has stated that in Virginia, where he lives, he is not required to declare a political party to vote. But he remains a registered Republican "because it annoys" the Republicans.

It's very enlightening that in Powell's emails, when talking about Hillary, he says that everything she touches she screws up.

Colin Powel does not know Trump personally. He thinks Trump is a "schizo" which is not true. He trashes Trump because he does not like him - his personality - and what he says about immigration. Colin Powell also called Dick Cheney and his family "idiots." Nothing could be further from the truth about Dick Cheney.

So yeah - I take what Colin Powell says about Trump and Cheney (and his family) with a large grain of salt. But, what he says about Hillary, because of his personal relationship with her - I give it more weight.

So yes, I use his quote trashing Hillary because he is a Democrat, friends with her, parties with her and her friends, and he won't vote for her.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ddawg wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
Mars wrote:

Big difference. Colin Powell is friends with Hillary. He even states in his emails he "likes" her. Yet he knows her true character and will not vote for her. Because of her greed, unbridled quest for power, etc. Of note, Colin Powell is not even a Republican. He endorsed and voted for Obama 2x. Powell has stated that in Virginia, where he lives, he is not required to declare a political party to vote. But he remains a registered Republican "because it annoys" the Republicans.

It's very enlightening that in Powell's emails, when talking about Hillary, he says that everything she touches she screws up.

Colin Powel does not know Trump personally. He thinks Trump is a "schizo" which is not true. He trashes Trump because he does not like him - his personality - and what he says about immigration. Colin Powell also called Dick Cheney and his family "idiots." Nothing could be further from the truth about Dick Cheney.

So yeah - I take what Colin Powell says about Trump and Cheney (and his family) with a large grain of salt. But, what he says about Hillary, because of his personal relationship with her - I give it more weight.

So yes, I use his quote trashing Hillary because he is a Democrat, friends with her, parties with her and her friends, and he won't vote for her.
Colin Powell is a Republican. As is former defense secretary Robert Gates, who said in the WSJ Saturday that Trump is "unqualified and unfit to be commander-in-chief."

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BoiseBYU wrote: Colin Powell is a Republican. As is former defense secretary Robert Gates, who said in the WSJ Saturday that Trump is "unqualified and unfit to be commander-in-chief."
Colin Powell is a RINO. A Republican in Name Only. He has stated the reason he remains registered as a Republican is to annoy Republicans.

Robert Gates is a fine man. His opinion is his opinion. There are 164 retired 1, 2, 3, and 4 star generals, and admirals, that have endorsed Trump.

Here's the 1st 20 from that list -
1. General Burwell B. Bell III, US Army, Retired

2. General Alfred G. Hansen, US Air Force, Retired

3. Admiral Jerry Johnson, US Navy, Retired

4. Lieutenant General William G. Boykin, US Army, Retired

8. Lieutenant General Marvin Covault, US Army, Retired

9. Lieutenant General Brett Dula, US Air Force, Retired

10. Lieutenant General Dan Duren, US Air Force, Retired

11. Lieutenant General Harold T. Fields, US Army, Retired

12. Lieutenant General Bruce L. Fister, US Air Force, Retired

13. Lieutenant General Michael Flynn, US Army, Retired

14. Lieutenant General Gordon E, Fornell, US Air Force, Retired

15. Lieutenant Jay Garner, US Army, Retired

16. Lieutenant General Ron Hite, US Army, Retired

17. Lieutenant Generals John I. Hudson, USMC, Retired

18. Lieutenant General Harley Hughes, US Air Force, Retired

19. Lieutenant General Keith Kellogg, US Army, Retired

20. Lieutenant General Timothy A. Kinnan, US Air Force, Retired

And the rest of the 164 here -
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-rele ... -president

No matter what your distaste for Trump is, you have 4 options.
1. Not vote.
2. Vote for Hillary and help the most dishonest person to ever run for the presidency win.
3. Vote for a 3rd party candidate who has zero chance of winning. It will make you feel good with your protest vote, but it will help Hillary win. You will sit on your moral white horse and feel good while the country sinks under corrupt Clinton rule.
4. Or, Vote for Trump, because he is the only candidate that has a chance to keep Hillary out of the White House - period. He is the only firewall standing between Hillary and her Clinton Mafia Inc controlling the most powerful office in the land. Securing that office Hillary will grab 100's of millions in sleezy pay to play money for her Clinton Foundation, and place liberal judges in the SCOTUS and the Federal Appeals Courts that will destroy the fabric of the USA, and shred the Constitution. It will never recover.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

So either the country sinks under Clinton's corrupt rule, or the country sinks under Trump's racist, sexist, corrupt rule. Got it.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Mars wrote:So either the country sinks under Clinton's corrupt rule, or the country sinks under Trump's racist, sexist, corrupt rule. Got it.
Ha ha. I'd bet hillary doesn't have a hint of racism or sexism. Being married to Bill, I can't blame her for the sexism though.