Starting to lean towards Evan McMullin for President

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Starting to lean towards Evan McMullin for President

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ddawg wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote: We can go around and around for a long time on this. There are numerous other GOP voters who think you guys who will vote for Trump no matter what have lost your minds. So let's let it rest.
It's not over till it's over.

There is only 1 GOP candidate that has a chance to keep the most corrupt and dishonest political family out of the White House - that is Donald Trump - potty mouth and all. Voting for any other candidate is a vote for Hillary. The GOP ran an honest primary (unlike the corrupt, fixed democrat primary). Like it or not, Trump won the GOP nomination through the democratic process - fair and square.
Oh I fully appreciate that it is not over until it is over. I do not even think the fat lady is warming up yet. And I recognize that Trump won the GOP nomination "fair and square." He is who the Republican Party wants for its candidate to be President....My "let it rest" request is to the Trump supporters telling us we've lost our minds by not voting for Trump and vice versa. It is exhausting and unhelpful.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BoiseBYU wrote: We can go around and around for a long time on this. There are numerous other GOP voters who think you guys who will vote for Trump no matter what have lost your minds. So let's let it rest.
It's good to see Rep. Jason Chaffetz finally came to his senses and is voting for Trump.
Why? Because "HRC is that bad. HRC is bad for the USA."

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

Ddawg wrote:
It's good to see Rep. Jason Chaffetz finally came to his senses and is voting for Trump.
Translation: "I was promised a seat on the Steering Committee by the GOP House leadership if I retreated back to Trump."

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

snoscythe wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
Translation: "I was promised a seat on the Steering Committee by the GOP House leadership if I retreated back to Trump."
Notice he also does not and will not endorse him.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
Meh. That's just semantics ignoring definitions. To endorse means to declare public approval or support of something/someone. Stating publicly that you are voting for one candidate over all other options is a public declaration that you support them--an endorsement. Saying the sky isn't blue doesn't change anything....just makes you look like an idiot. Chaffetz is a squirmy toad.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
Meh. That's just semantics ignoring definitions. To endorse means to declare public approval or support of something/someone. Stating publicly that you are voting for one candidate over all other options is a public declaration that you support them--an endorsement. Saying the sky isn't blue doesn't change anything....just makes you look like an idiot. Chaffetz is a squirmy toad.
I agree. He should have said he doesn't endorse anyone and not shared who he is voting for.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
I agree. He should have said he doesn't endorse anyone and not shared who he is voting for.
...but then he wouldn't get rewarded by Party leadership. He's the new Orrin Hatch. A sleazy beltway politician who Utahns will continue to support not because of who he is, what he stands for, or what he does, but because he holds a nice senior-level position within Congress.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
...but then he wouldn't get rewarded by Party leadership. He's the new Orrin Hatch. A sleazy beltway politician who Utahns will continue to support not because of who he is, what he stands for, or what he does, but because he holds a nice senior-level position within Congress.
Chaffetz is not the first politician to see if he (or she) can have their cake and eat it too. I think it is self-interested cynicism. But I do not care who he is voting for. If he wants to vote for Trump--well, whatever. I know I'm not.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
Typical politician trying to "slice it thin." When you vote for someone - it's an endorsement.

You guys have lost sight of how evil and corrupt Hillary really is. Because Trump does not meet your LDS moral standards, you think he would be a horrible president. Not true. Got news for ya - most of the GOP politicians in the USA don't meet LDS moral standards.

Like it or not - play any mind game you want to - a vote taken away from the flawed Trump is helping the corrupt, evil Hillary, and her democrat Gadianton robbers.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ddawg wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
Typical politician trying to "slice it thin." When you vote for someone - it's an endorsement.

You guys have lost sight of how evil and corrupt Hillary really is. Because Trump does not meet your LDS moral standards, you think he would be a horrible president. Not true. Got news for ya - most of the GOP politicians in the USA don't meet LDS moral standards.

Like it or not - play any mind game you want to - a vote taken away from the flawed Trump is helping the corrupt, evil Hillary, and her democrat Gadianton robbers.
Your judging why I choose not to vote for Trump is offensive. I know how corrupt HRC is. I happen to believe that your candidate is also corrupt (and unhinged too for that matter). Upon what basis you think you can characterize me is astounding. My choice to not vote for Trump is not the result of some mind game, and your insinuation that I am some self righteous ignoramus is wrong. It says more about you than me. Advocate all you want for Trump, but quit trying to mischaracterize me and the reasons I will not vote for him.