Latest Trump Speech

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Latest Trump Speech

Post by BroncoBot »

Link to last night's trump speech. I've had some extra time on my hands and listened in. Actually a pretty nice speech (agreed with it mostly) and applaud him for addressing some of the issues that previous candidates would skim over. Asked for the AA vote which will be a tough sell but for those wanting something new, Trump has to seem more appealing that the status quo Hillary machine, who we know sees AA voters as simply that - votes.

What I don't agree with is MORE police. I think the USA is too much of a police state. Get jobs and more (non-welfare) money flowing into places like detroit, Milwaukee, philly, ST. Louis and the crime problems will take care of themselves.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Re: Latest Trump Speech

Post by SpiffCoug »

Good thing Trump couldn't allow this good speech to get any run time in the news cycle and decided instead to usurp what could have been good coverage for his speech with more coverage of how truly abysmal his campaign is being led by hiring Brietbart.com to become his de facto campaign manager.

For a second there, I thought Trump was going to be a semi-coherent candidate.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BroncoBot wrote:What I don't agree with is MORE police. I think the USA is too much of a police state. Get jobs and more (non-welfare) money flowing into places like detroit, Milwaukee, philly, ST. Louis and the crime problems will take care of themselves.
Yep, what we don't need is MORE police. What we need is MORE law-abiding citizens. Get more law-abiding citizen flowing into places like Detroit, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, St. Louis and the jobs and money will start flowing and the issues with the police will take care of themselves.

(8.4x
..................ATT
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BroncoBot wrote:

What I don't agree with is MORE police. I think the USA is too much of a police state. Get jobs and more (non-welfare) money flowing into places like detroit, Milwaukee, philly, ST. Louis and the crime problems will take care of themselves.
Trump would want to take "police state" to a whole new level in the US. Every voter has their own set of criteria and priorities in how they judge candidates. This one is a big deal to me. He seems to have this attitude of big powerful government that can force people to do what he wants. He's a democrat running for president in the other party because that's where he saw his opening.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

BlueK wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:

Trump would want to take "police state" to a whole new level in the US. Every voter has their own set of criteria and priorities in how they judge candidates. This one is a big deal to me. He seems to have this attitude of big powerful government that can force people to do what he wants. He's a democrat running for president in the other party because that's where he saw his opening.
I haven't seen any evidence to suggest he's going all out police force, but I have more confidence in him reducing government and tackling crime vs Hillary who I'm sure would prefer to (here comes BroncoBot's speculation) let things devolve to the point of stepping in militarily to squash a "right wing uprising". Nothing would make her happier.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

There is NOTHING in Trump's record or rhetoric to suggest he will do anything to reduce government. Not one IOTA.

(8.4x
..................ATT
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

SpiffCoug wrote:There is NOTHING in Trump's record or rhetoric to suggest he will do anything to reduce government. Not one IOTA.
Not a single iota?

http://circa.com/politics/election-2016 ... time-rules

I'm no Huge trump fan. Just what I'm reading.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BroncoBot wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:There is NOTHING in Trump's record or rhetoric to suggest he will do anything to reduce government. Not one IOTA.
Not a single iota?

That'll be an awesome reform that'll surely help reduce our deficits and debt. And less money for education, I can't imagine how that will be attacked from the Left and HRC.

(8.4x
..................ATT
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

SpiffCoug wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
Not a single iota?

That'll be an awesome reform that'll surely help reduce our deficits and debt. And less money for education, I can't imagine how that will be attacked from the Left and HRC.
So you want a candidate to have his terms dicated by the Left and HRC? This is the kind of attitude that cost Romney 2 elections.

Does education need reformed? Yes. Does the US education system need more money, absolutely not.