And Gary Johnson Just Lost My Vote...Crap. Now What?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: And Gary Johnson Just Lost My Vote...Crap. Now What?

Post by jvquarterback »

How can you justify any US support for Israel? I assume you'll go with some state sponsored terrorism nonsense from forty years ago to justify supporting Israel. There's truth to that claim, but Israel is no better. Israel has, unprovoked, attacked the United States navy, something we can't say about Iran.

The Israelis have deep pockets to fund US politicians along with the Saudis but both Israel and Saudi Arabia (along with their ISIS surrogates) are more oppressive than Iran or Syria.

Trump's position on Israel is a breath of fresh air, not that I think it matters. The lifetime bureaucrats in the state department and everywhere else in government have been brainwashed and bribed to believe the Israelis are the good guys. It's only a matter of time before you're saying the same thing about the Saudis. They've bribed Clinton, Bush and their allies just as much as the Israelis have.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

40 years ago? From the State Dept
Iran remained unwilling to bring to justice senior al-Qa’ida (AQ) members it continued to detain and refused to publicly identify the members in its custody. Iran previously allowed AQ facilitators to operate a core facilitation pipeline through Iran since at least 2009, enabling AQ to move funds and fighters to South Asia and Syria.
Sorry, JVQB, you are sadly misinformed. Enjoy your ignorant bliss. Iran is not our friend. Israel is an important ally.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by jvquarterback »

First, I believe very little of what the state department under Hillary Clinton or John Kerry has to say. Second -- even if you buy the tripe about the Iranians having Qaeda ops in black site prisons, as a US citizen shouldn't you be happy about that? The US has been facilitating ISIS and Qaeda ops in Iraq, Afghanistan, Lybia, Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, Romania, Sudan and everywhere else if that is your criteria for state sponsored terrorism.

Meanwhile the Israelis are providing material support to ISIS fighters in Syria and Iraq. At the very worst, Israel = Iran, except they aren't because Hassan Rouhani isn't demanding $4B a year in military aid to undermine US security like Bibi Netanyahu. And there is no question that Iran is a better actor in the ME than the Saudis whose ambassador to the US financed 9/11 operatives.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
KingCoug
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by KingCoug »

snoscythe wrote:Honest question, because it bugs me each election cycle:

Can someone explain to me why a President's position on abortion and gay marriage should be given much weight anymore?
Oh gee, I don't know. Maybe because it's a strong indication of their personal moral character. If a candidate supports abominations like abortion and gay marriage, why would I want them leading this country? That's how we got the current hack in the White House.
jvquarterback wrote:
KingCoug wrote:To heck with this guy. He . . . doesn't to support Israel. He doesn't get my vote just because he's not Hillary or Trump.
Did Israel ask for inclusion as the 51st state? If not, why would it matter if he doesn't support the fascists there? Israeli and Saudi interests in no way align with the US interests in the middle east.
I don't know why you're mentioning Israel and Saudi Arabia together but there are certainly both temporal (geo-political) and spiritual reasons to want a leader who supports Israel. I shouldn't have to explain to someone posting on this forum what those are. Furthermore, Israel being an ally is enough. They don't need to join the union. And you referring to them as "fascists" tells me you're just talking out of your rear end and have no knowledge on this issue. -- text removed by moderator --

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

This may be the lounge but we still need to treat everyone who posts here with respect even if we disagree with their positions.