Time to Re-assess Trump's Chances

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Time to Re-assess Trump's Chances

Post by hawkwing »

Haha.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote:Haha.
It's no joking matter. Obviously you have nothing to offer other than over the top hyperbole and conjecture.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Pray about it and vote your conscious.

That's what I will do.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

Trump is evil. Hillary is evil. Voting for either is reprehensible.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Mars wrote:Trump is evil. Hillary is evil. Voting for either is reprehensible.
It's nice to live in a world lemon drops, candy canes, and unicorns. If life were only perfect.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

http://lds.net/blog/buzz/entertainment/ ... hets-said/

The Quote:

“If you vote for the lesser of two evils you are still voting for evil and you will be judged for it. You should always vote for the best possible candidate, whether they have a chance of winning or not, and then, even if the worst possible candidate wins, the Lord will bless our country more because more people were willing to stand up for what is right.”

Who said it? Ezra Taft Benson

No, who really said it? Possibly no one.

This quote does not originate from any talk or official document, but rather, an account given by Mike Thompson in an online forum from 2009. If you’re wondering who Mike Thompson is, no one really knows. Except for Teri.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

So it's possible it was said, it's possible it wasn't.

But what has clearly been said time and again, is to prayerfully consider your options and follow your conscious and the Lord will guide you.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote: So it's possible it was said, it's possible it wasn't.
Baloney. I guarantee 100% that Ezra Taft Benson did make that statement. Ezra Taft Benson did not issue an official opinion with a fake pen name of "Mike Thompson" on some blog, from the spirit world. Remember, this "blog" post was in 2009. Ezra Taft Benson died in 1994. No talk or official statement has connected Ezra Taft Benson with did statement. It did not not happen.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ddawg wrote:
Baloney. I guarantee 100% that Ezra Taft Benson did make that statement. Ezra Taft Benson did not issue an official opinion with a fake pen name of "Mike Thompson" on some blog, from the spirit world. Remember, this "blog" post was in 2009. Ezra Taft Benson died in 1994. No talk or official statement has connected Ezra Taft Benson with did statement. It did not not happen.
Whether President Benson said it or not is a side issue. The statement is worth considering on its merits. As for me, I'm not voting for either of them. They are unworthy to be President and will both in their own arrogance, pride, and idiocy propel us further down the road to the demise of our nation.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BoiseBYU wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
Whether President Benson said it or not is a side issue. The statement is worth considering on its merits. As for me, I'm not voting for either of them. They are unworthy to be President and will both in their own arrogance, pride, and idiocy propel us further down the road to the demise of our nation.
I disagree. It's not worth considering if it's fraudulent. It is not scripture. It's not a statement from a prophet or one of the Apostles. It's a fabricated statement from an anonymous dude.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Hillary or Trump, they are the only 2 candidates that have a chance to be elected president. Voting for one of the 3rd party candidates might make you feel good. But none of them have a chance to occupy the oval office. This election cycle is too important to sit on the sidelines or flush your vote down the toilet. This nation is sadly filled with apathetic, dishonest, selfish and stupid people. It's difficult to watch a great nation enter it's death spiral.

With that - I am done. Best wishes.
Last edited by Ddawg on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.